Undergraduate Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply to Texas Tech University?
Visit the Office of Admissions Web site
What do I need to take during my first semester?
What courses can I take a Community College or a college closer that are going to transfer to your program?
Courses that will transfer to Texas Tech University
- 6 hours of English (ENGL1301, ENGL1302)
- 12 hours of Math (MATH1351, MATH1352, MATH2350, MATH3350)
- Chemistry for Scientists and Engineers (CHEM1307, CHEM1107, CHEM1308, CHEM1108)
- Calculus based Physics (PHYS1408)
- 6 hours of American History
- 6 hours of Political Science or Government.
Courses that WILL NOT transfer to Texas Tech University
- Psychology or Sociology as a humanities transfer.
What do I do to remove an advising hold?
Contact your faculty advisor or Glenna.
When are scholarship applications due?
February 1st of each year. Scholarships are disbursed in the summer for the following Fall and Spring. The department does not have financial aid application forms for international students. Students currently enrolled should be encouraged to download the scholarship forms on our website and turn them into Glenna.
How do I succeed at Texas Tech University?
- Pay Attention in class (no texting, social networking, sleeping or reading the paper)
- Go to class, go to class, go to class
- Complete your homework and reading assignments.
- Get Help (and that includes your professor)
- Know your grades are earned, not given
- Remember the objective is to learn from your work not just complete your work.
- Accept that you will not make all A's
- Join and get involved in engineering societies.
- Read and comply with the syllabus.
- Develop good study habits.