The Department of Chemical Engineering educates, conducts research, and disseminates chemical engineering knowledge through internationally recognized programs for the benefit of society.
The Department of Chemical Engineering will be the undergraduate chemical engineering department of choice in Texas and will be recognized as one of the top research and graduate chemical engineering departments in the nation.
Strategic Plan: Chemical Engineering
- Increase Enrollment and Promote Student Success: We will grow and diversify our student populations and produce graduates that are well-equipped to succeed in an engineering career, advanced studied, and other professional paths, including careers in research and development for our graduate students.
- Strengthen Academic Quality and Reputation: We will attract and retain the best faculty in the country; promote excellence in teaching, research, and service; and strive to be recognized as one of the top research and graduate departments in the nation.
- Expand and Enhance Research and Creative Scholarship: We will increase funded research and scholarship.
- Further Outreach and Engagement: We will promote higher education, outreach to K-12 students, and engagement of our undergraduates in research and service.
- Increase and Maximize Resources: We will work to increase funding for scholarships, professorships, and world-class facilities.