The Department of Chemical Engineering educates, conducts research, and disseminates chemical engineering knowledge through internationally recognized programs for the benefit of society.
The Department of Chemical Engineering will be the undergraduate chemical engineering department of choice in Texas and will be recognized as one of the top research and graduate chemical engineering departments in the nation.
- Academic and Research Excellence: Attain National recognition as one the top publically funded departments of chemical engineering.
- Access and Diversity: Recruit, retain and graduate a larger, more academically prepared, and diverse student body.
- Engagement: Build community connections that enhance the quality of life for students and the community.
- Technology: Maximize the use of technology in the delivery of services.
- Partnerships: Build strategic partnerships and alliances to support the teaching, research and service mission of the College.
- Human Resources and Infrastructure: Maintain a quality work force and work environment and maximize the use of technology in the delivery of services.
- Tradition and Pride: Enhance the national image of the Department of Chemical Engineering.
- Become the chemical engineering program of choice in the state of Texas for undergraduate students preparing for professional and academic careers.
- Maintain the number of refereed journal publications per faculty to 4 per year.
- Increase the number of citations as reported by Web of Science.
- Increase research funding to $250,000 per faculty per year in the next five years.