About the Department of Chemical Engineering
The College ranks 8th nationally in Best Value (Value Colleges)
The Department ranks 47 nationally in overall Faculty Scholarship (Academic Analytics)
| Welcome to the Department of Chemical Engineering at Texas Tech University. We provide broad-based programs resulting in B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees. With seventeen tenure-track or tenured faculty members, one professor of practice, and one research professor, the department serves nearly 500 undergraduates, 18 M.S. students, and 78 Ph.D. students.
The department prides itself on its commitment to excellence in all areas of teaching, research, and service. Our faculty scholarly productivity are ranked in the top 50 according to Academic Analytics, and we have a strong undergraduate curriculum with hands-on learning and pragmatic instruction from faculty with industrial experience. The graduate program is equally dynamic with the very best students working with award-winning faculty on state-of-the-art research. Take a look at our news and web pages to learn more about Chemical Engineering at Texas Tech!
|Welcome Message from the Chair
Department Research Productivity
Enrollments and Degrees Conferred
- News Flash
- Dr.McKenna receives Mercator Fellow Award
- Dr. Hedden receives Creativity in Teaching Award
- Dr. Lacerda receives New Faculty Award
- Qian Tian won first place in the Student Poster Competition at ICTAC.
- Postdoctoral researcher Caroline Ahrens was honored to receive a Red Raider Safety Award.
- Dave Martin becomes WCOE Distinguished Engineer.
- More Department News