Sindee Simon, Ph.D.
Texas Tech University
Department of Chemical Engineering
Box 43121 Lubbock, TX 79409-3121
Simon Research Group
Dr. Sindee Simon's Biography
The 2015/16 academic year is well underway. We look forward to a great year, topping last year's accomplishments, which included being the number one research department in the University with over $ 3.2 M in research expenditures in fiscal year 2014, the highest level per faculty member in the University for the second year running. Graduate student enrollment continues to grow with 27 new students matriculating this fall for a total of 70 Ph.D. and 16 M.S. students. Undergraduate enrollment numbers are increasing even faster with 512 students in the major, and 238 enrolled in the first-year Introduction to Chemical Engineering course this fall!
As expected, the faculty and students continue to be recognized for their outstanding work, including the following noteworthy achievements:
- Drs. Chau-Chyun Chen and Sindee L. Simon were elected Fellows of AIChE.
- Dr. Harvinder Gill was appointed as the Whitacre Endowed Chair in Science and Engineering in recognition of his important contributions to the Department, College, and University.
- Dr. Siva Vanapalli was awarded the Bill Sanderson Faculty Fellowship in recognition of his outstanding performance in research, teaching, and service.
- Dr. Gregory B. McKenna was named recipient of the 2014/15 Barnie E. Rushing Jr. Faculty Distinguished Research Award from the Texas Tech Parents Association.
- Dr. Brandon Weeks was awarded the 2014/15 Spencer A. Wells Award for Creativity in Teaching from the Texas Tech Parents Association.
- Forty-seven B.S. students graduated in May, 2015, with an average starting salary of $ 74,000.
Enjoy browsing our web site for more news.
Dr. Sindee Simon
P. W. Horn Professor
Whitacre Department Chair