Financial Aid, Scholarships, and Awards
University, College, and Departmental Scholarships
The scholarship coordinator for the Department of Chemical Engineering is Dr. Ronald C. Hedden.
To see how to apply for college scholarships, visit the Whitacre College of Engineering scholarship page. If you would like to apply for all scholarships available from the university, please visit the Financial Aid Office’s website to learn more.
The deadline to apply for departmental scholarships is March 14. Please see Kristina Thompson.
- Southwest Chemical Association Scholarship
- Society of Plastics Engineers Scholarships & Grants
- Gas Processors Association: Permian Basin Chapter Scholarship
- American Chemical Society (ACS): Rubber Division Scholarships
Award for Academic Excellence in Chemical Engineering
The Award for Academic Excellence in Chemical Engineering is given to the top academic achievers in the undergraduate chemical engineering program. To be eligible for the award, students must meet the following criteria
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and fully understand chemical engineering concepts and maintain a GPA in ChE course work above 3.
- 8e a dedicated and well-rounded scholar with an overall TTU GPA that ranks in the top ten percent of undergraduate students in their respective class in the BSChE program.
- Be a person of such integrity and stature that the faculty, staff, students, and alumni will take pride in and be inspired by his or her recognition.
- Have successfully completed all of the course work at Texas Tech in either the second, third, or final year of the BSChE program, and, for students having completed either year two or three, be enrolled and on track to complete the degree in a timely fashion.