- Daughter and Son with four grandchildren. One granddaughter attends the Air Force Academy. I enjoy golf and traveling internationally.
- Investigation of Consumer Spending Habits, Effectiveness of Advertising Messages and Sources of Health Care Information.
Main Methodological Approaches
- Ph.D., University of North Texas
- M.A., West Texas A&M
- B.S., West Texas A&M
Recent Graduate Courses Taught
- Mass Communications Pedagogy
- Political Advertising
Publications in Last 5 Years
- Five chapters-Advertising and Public Relations Research, M. E. Sharpe, Inc., Armonk, New York, 2010, pp. 127—225. (Co-authors: Sam Bradley, Larry Kelley, Don Jugenheimer)
- Todd, V. & Hudson, J. C. (In Press). “A Content Analysis of Public Relations Pedagogical Research Articles from 1998 to 2008: Has PR Research Regarding Pedagogy Become Less Sparse?” Southwestern Mass Communication Journal.
- Todd, V & Hudson, J.C. “Using Student Opinions Regarding Traditional vs. Writing Across the Curriculum Teaching Techniques: A Qualitative Pilot Study,”
- Teaching Methods & Styles Journal, 2008, 4, (1). Todd, V. & Hudson, J. C. “Using Graded Peer Evaluation to Improve Students’
- Writing Skills, Critical Thinking Ability, and Comprehension of Material in a Principles of Public Relations Course,” Journal of College Teaching & Learning, 4, (1), Oct. 2007, pp. 39—46.