Department of Advertising
- Single and no children, but completely devoted to my dogs.
- Interested in fine wines and golf as a hobby.
- Lubbock native with ties to the advertising community here.
- Connected to the advertising community in Los Angeles& Orange County.
- Ability-integrated advertising, marketing messages targeting the elderly and various media–effects topic.
Main Methodological Approaches
- Eye-tracking studies
- Ph.D., University of Alabama, Media Effects and Organizational Communication
- M.S., University of Illinois, Advertising
- B.A., Texas Tech University, Advertising
Recent Graduate Courses Taught
- ADV 5326 - Advertising and the Consumer
- Mass Communication Theory (CSUF)
- Advertising and Society (CSUF)
- Research Methods (CSUF)
- Board of Directors, Lubbock Ad Federation
- Editorial review board for several publications
- Former national judge, Easter Seals EDI Awards
Publications in Last 5 Years
- Farnall, O.F. (2006). Advertising and Disability. In G. Albrecht (Ed) The Encyclopedia of Disability. New York: Sage.
- Farnall, O.F. (2005). C.F. Hathaway. In J. McDonough (Ed) The Encyclopedia of Advertising. New York: Fitzroy Dearborn.
- Farnall, O. F. (2003). Computer and Web-User Stereotypes. In P. Lester and S. Ross (Eds.) Images that Injure: Pictorial Stereotypes in the Media. Westport, CT: Praeger Publishers.