Media & Communication Study Abroad Program
More About Studying Abroad
The College of Media & Communication encourages all students to take advantage of the myriad opportunities to study abroad. From here, it’s possible…to see the world!
The TTU Study Abroad office has approved more than 400 programs in 80 countries. For more information, please access the TTU Study Abroad website.
All interested students should attend a general information session in the International Cultural Center (ICC) any weekday Monday-Friday at 4 pm. During the session you will learn about types of programs, the application process, housing, financial aid and scholarships.
All currently enrolled TTU students can apply for the Study Abroad Competitive Scholarship (SACS), which is funded by Texas Tech's International Education fee.
All Mass Comm majors have a foreign language requirement that can be completed by enrolling in an intensive language program. TTU now has two Centers abroad (Seville, Spain and Quedlinburg, Germany) where students can take language courses to earn as much as 16 credit hours in one semester. Please see the “Need a Language?” page on the TTU Study Abroad website for more information on these and other language focused programs worldwide.
Programs offering Media & Communication courses:
- AIFS at Richmond University Summer in London
- American Intercontinental University (AIU) in London
- AustraLearn in Australia & New Zealand
- Institute for Foreign Study (IFSA) in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, and UK
- AsiaLearn at Korea University, South Korea
- Danish Institute for Study Abroad (DIS) in Copenhagen
- EuroLearn at Kingston University, London
- Study Abroad Italy
Reciprocal Exchange Programs:
- Manchester Metropolitan University (England)
- The Hague University (The Netherlands)
- Universidade de Coimbra (Portugal)
- University of Aarhus (Denmark)
- University of Bergen (Norway)
- University of Malta (Malta)
- Utrecht School of the Arts (The Netherlands)
- AIFS in London
- Placements are available with multinational companies and London-based commercial, cultural and public sector organizations.