Cost of Attendance Review
Estimated cost of attendance (budget) is used to determine your financial aid eligibility for a specific period of enrollment and includes estimated amounts for tuition, mandatory fees, as well as average amounts for standard educational expenses such as housing, meals, books, supplies, transportation, and other personal/miscellaneous expenses.
If your actual education-related expenses are higher than the estimated cost of attendance used to calculate your financial aid eligibility, you may request a review of your cost of attendance. Cost of attendance increases are considered on a case-by-case basis and are subject to federal, state, and institutional regulations.
Consider the following before submitting a request for an increase:
- Only expenses incurred by and for the student (or dependents of students) during the current academic year will be considered.
- If approved, an increase is typically funded through Federal Direct PLUS Loans or private education loans (and will not result in additional grant assistance). This request is not an application for a loan. Visit NSLDS.ed.gov to review your current federal indebtedness and consider how additional borrowing may impact your post-graduation repayment.
- Reasonableness of your request along with prior indebtedness may be considered in determining whether an increase to your cost of attendance will be approved or for how much.
- You may be asked to participate in a money management consultation with Red to Black.
- Completing the Cost of Attendance Review Request form does not guarantee an increase to your cost of attendance. Each request receives a thorough review by a committee, and committee decisions regarding requests for increase are considered final. In addition, approval of identical requests for increase during the academic year or future academic years, are not guaranteed.
- Appropriate documentation (as indicated on the Cost of Attendance Review Request form) must be submitted at time of form submission or your request may not be reviewed.
- Please allow 10-15 business days (or more during peak processing times) for your Cost of Attendance Review Request form to be processed; you will be notified of our response via your TTU email address.
Standard Annual Allowance
Recommended Annual Maximum Allowance
|Housing||$6,236||$8,800||Lease/rental agreement (will be divided between roommates), utility bills, bank statements.|
|Meals||$3,536||$5,000||Bank statements or receipts.|
|Books/Supplies||$1,200||Out of pocket||Receipts of purchase or detailed estimate.|
|Medical/Dental Expenses||$0||Out of pocket||Paid medical expense receipts/statements (paid during academic year) or detailed estimate for non-elective/medically necessary procedures, medication, and supplies not covered/reimbursed by insurance.|
|Disability Related Expenses||$0||Out of pocket||Paid medical expense receipts/statements (paid during academic year) or
detailed estimate for non-elective/medically necessary procedures, medication, and supplies not covered/reimbursed by
|Dependent Care||$0||$6,000 per child||Dependent Care Expense Worksheet. Expenses considered for children up to 13 years of age living in household.|
|Computer||$0||$1,500||Allowed only once during program at TTU with paid receipt or detailed estimate. If special requirements for major, documentation required from college.|
|Travel Required for Educational Program (other than Study Abroad)||$0||Out of pocket||Itemized receipts or expense statements. Federal mileage, state per diem meals, hotel
estimate, airfare estimate may be considered in cases where other documentation is
not available. Signed statement from college confirming requirement for
|Professional Licensing||$0||Out of pocket||Allowed only once during program at TTU with paid receipt or detailed estimate for direct expenses incurred while enrolled. Documentation from college confirming requirement for program.|
|Vehicle Repair||$0||$2,000||Detailed estimate or itemized receipt and proof of payment by student (car owned by student; only one vehicle). New/used car purchase not allowed. Standard maintenance expenses not allowed (e.g., oil change, insurance, etc.).|
|Emergency Travel||$0||Lesser of cost of one round-trip ticket or federal mileage allowance||Receipt for airfare or mapquest.com trip.|