Department of Design
The Department of Design, in conjunction with the College of Human Sciences, offers a variety of graduate scholarships of different amounts. In order for a student to receive a scholarship from the Department of Design, it is the College of Human Sciences’ requirement that the student completes a graduate scholarship application through the graduate school and provides additional documentation (see application check list).
How to Apply
- Graduate Application Form: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/gradschool/funding/scholarships.php
- All graduate students are required to apply for a scholarship in the Graduate School. When you apply for a scholarship in the Graduate School you will check a box indicating that you would like to be considered for a College of Human Sciences scholarship. YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR A COLLEGE OF HUMAN SCIENCES SCHOLARSHIP IF YOU DO NOT APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP IN THE GRADUATE SCHOOL.
Deadlines for Applications
Online application opens November 15
Deadline for applications will be January 15
Awards announced by March 15
Acceptance of award from student deadline is April 1
In addition to your application, you must have on file at TTU:
- Official TTU Transcript*
- Current graduate students should furnish cumulative GPA.
List of Graduate Scholarships
The TTU Graduate School provides a list of all of the graduate supported scholarships on their website. Please refer to: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/gradschool/funding/scholarships.php for more information.
Selection of Recipients
Once the General Scholarship Application is completed by the required deadline, the recipients are selected by the Department of Design scholarship committee. While evaluation is based on the criteria set for the specific award, most awards subsume: scholarship, excellence, achievement in academic and non-academic areas, leadership, character, seriousness of purpose and/or need. Failure to provide promptly all information requested could result in disqualification of the application. Check your TTU email account for notification of scholarship awards.
Examples of Scholarship Recipients Thank You Letters
- Apparel Design and Manufacturing Program
- Interior Design Program
- Environmental Design Graduate Programs
For more detailed criteria for each of the above listed scholarships, contact the Department of Design at (806) 834-2687 or email the Business Manager, Mariana Moyers at (email@example.com)