Interior and Environmental Design
Request InfoVisit Apply
Interior and Environmental Design Courses & Requirements
Creative thinkers shine in our Interior and Environmental Design Ph.D. program.
Texas Tech University’s Interior and Environmental Design Ph.D. program stands out for its innovative perspective and problem-solving approaches.
You will learn from award-winning faculty in our environmental and interior design Ph.D. program, which holds an international reputation for excellence. Our faculty and doctoral students tackle practical challenges that impact society, addressing environmental and interior design issues such as:
- Environmental sustainability
- Health care and elder care
- Disabled access
- Special-needs populations
- Adaptive re-use
- Evidence-based design
Our Ph.D. program’s strong reputation ensures that you will have opportunities to stand out and gain recognition for your doctoral work. Texas Tech interior and environmental design Ph.D. candidates have won recent honors from the Environmental Design Research Association and International Academy for Design and Health. Our doctoral students publish in prominent international journals including:
- International Journal of Design Principles and Practices
- Health Environment Research & Design Journal
- Intelligent Buildings International
- Journal of Environmental Psychology
- International Journal of Architectonic, Spatial, and Environmental Design
The Smithsonian Institution and Environmental Design Research Association have recognized Texas Tech for its innovative work in Environmental and Interior Design. Join our dynamic program and earn your Ph.D. in Environmental and Interior Design from Texas Tech.
Interior and Environmental Design Career Opportunities
The Ph.D. in Interior and Environmental Design caters to students who seek a career as a university faculty member.
You may also use the degree as the foundation for other careers in interior and environmental design including:
- Government or nonprofit research
- Professional consulting
- Historic preservation and renovation
- Executive positions in corporate design firms