Apparel design and manufacturing students are encouraged to participate in various design competitions throughout the school year. Particularly, every spring, junior or senior level students enrolled in ADM 4310 (Apparel Product Development) are required to participate in Dallas Career Day Fashion Design Competition with faculty supervision. Individual assistance is also available through ADM 4000 with a faculty of choice. Please click on the link below for more detailed information on each design competition.
Dallas Career Day Fashion Design Competition
The following competitions are included:
- Trend Board Design Competition (Cotton, Wool, and Mohair categories)
- The Fashion Group International – Dallas chapter Design Competition (Cocktail/Evening, Casual, Suiting, Fantasy/Theatre, Cutting Edge Art Wear, and Uniform categories)
- Texas Natural Fibers Design Competition (Cotton, Wool, and Mohair categories)4. Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS (DIFFA) Collegiate Cotton Denim Jeans Jacket Design Competition.
International Textile and Apparel Association (ITAA)
Call for ITAA design competitions:
For the detailed information, go to visit: http://www.itaaonline.org/www/default/index.cfm/announcements-and-calls/
Plains Cotton Corporative Association (PCCA) Denim Runway Project was a collaboration effort TTU’s ADM program in providing PCCA’s needs of re-branding SAFEDenim jeans and developing a design for a more fashion forward style in PCCA’s target consumers in the Spring Semester, 2010. ADM students began the project in January 2010, PCCA provided high fashion denim samples to ADM contestants, a tour of cotton mill American Cotton Grower in Littlefield, gave them the opportunity to present their design to PCCA through Denim Runway Jeans Design Contest. Denim Runway Jeans Design Contest was co-sponsored by Plains Cotton Cooperative Association (PCCA) and Cotton Council International (CCI) in collaboration with Apparel Design and Manufacturing (ADM). ADM Winners were announced at TechStyle Senior Fashion show on April 24. PCCA and CCI provided trip awards of visiting apparel manufactures in Guatemala and “Columbiamoda” apparel manufacturer’s trade show in Columbia. Plains Cotton Corporative Association (PCCA) Denim Runway project brought an attention to TechStyle event from community in Lubbock and more.
If you would like to know more about this story, please see the following links.
- Denim Runway competition news in PRNewswire http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/texas-tech-university-students-take-part-in-denim-runway-competition-89590807.html
- Texas Tech Denim Competition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtoTtYdxxbo&NR=1
American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
AAFCS also offers a design presentation opportunity for students. Detailed design entry information is available online.
Please contact Dr. Su Shin for more info at: firstname.lastname@example.org