Personal Financial Planning
Invest in your career by earning one of the nation’s best Personal Financial Planning degrees.
The New York Times says Texas Tech University has "arguably the best undergraduate financial planning program in the country." Personal financial planning firms look to Texas Tech University for new talent.
Our PFP Degrees are tailored for your success.
Texas Tech's nationally renowned Personal Financial Planning Department offers one bachelor's degree, two undergraduate minors, one master's degree, and one doctoral degree.
Our personal financial planning degree includes a strong business foundation.
Students can choose from two minors, an online Personal Finance Minor or CFP® Certification Eligible Minor in Personal Financial Planning.
You can combine our personal financial planning master's degree with an MBA, law degree, or accounting degree.
Texas Tech's personal financial planning Ph.D. program enjoys a national reputation for excellence.
PFP In the News
- Deena Katz awarded the Alexandra Armstrong Award from InvestmentNews, November 2016
- Dr. John Gilliam named to the "2017 Ten to Watch" list from WealthManagement.com, November 2016
- PFP student Abby Phillips serves as Student Correspondent to Investment News at Schwab IMPACT, Interviews Schwab's Rich Schwartz, October 2016
- PFP student Abby Phillips serves as Student Correspondent to Investment News at Schwab IMPACT, Interviews Schwab's Bernie Clark, October 2016
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board recognizes Red to Black Peer Financial Coaching, October 2016
- Personal Financial Planning Mentors Impact Students, September 2016
- PFP Student, Ryland Stevens, named COHS Undergraduate Student of the Month, September 2016
- Three Texas Tech PFP Alumni Named to InvestmentNews "40 Under 40" List, June 2016
- Financial Planning Academy Introduces Teens to Investing, June 2016
- PFP Graduate Student Tyler Floyd Named Big 12 Scholar-Athlete of the Year, June 2016
- Texas Tech PFP students talk about their fears entering the industry at the InvestmentNews Women Advisor Summit, April 2016
- Financial Planning Academy for Teens Interested in Financial Advisory Careers, April 2016
- Center for Financial Responsibility to Define New Standard Regarding "Best Interest", April 2016
- Your Retirement Savings Are Big Enough, Study Shows, March 2016
- 2016's Most & Least Financially Literate States (Dr. Vickie Hampton, Dr. Charlene Kalenkoski), March 2016
- Study: Financial Literacy Declines with Age, Confidence to Make Decisions Doesn't, March 2016
- The Efficacy of Publicly-Available Retirement Planning Tools, February 2016
- Department of Personal Financial Planning to Host Networking Event for Students, February 2016
- Life, Love, and Money: Class Helps Students Prepare for Biggest Investments, January 2016
PFP Photo Gallery
Join the PFP Double T Society
Being the best program in the country takes tremendous commitment on behalf of all
its stakeholders. We think our alumni should be the cornerstone of this campaign and
we have created the PFP Double T Society to recognize alumni responding to this call.
Join and show your support for PFP!
Take the Next Step
Interested in learning more about the Personal Financial Planning Department? Choose an option to request more information.