Personal Financial Planning
Invest in your career by earning one of the nation's best Personal Financial Planning degrees.
The New York Times says Texas Tech University has "arguably the best undergraduate financial planning program in the country." Personal financial planning firms look to Texas Tech University for new talent.
Our PFP Degrees are tailored for your success.
Texas Tech's nationally renowned Personal Financial Planning Department offers one bachelor's degree, two undergraduate minors, one master's degree, and one doctoral degree.
Our personal financial planning degree includes a strong business foundation.
Students can choose from two minors, an online Personal Finance Minor or CFP® Certification Eligible Minor in Personal Financial Planning.
You can combine our personal financial planning master's degree with an MBA, law degree, or accounting degree.
Texas Tech's personal financial planning Ph.D. program enjoys a national reputation for excellence.
Financial Planning Academy
Spend a fun-filled week on the campus of Texas Tech University participating in events
tailored to increase your financial knowledge and know-how. Interact with financial
experts from across the country and further develop skills in leadership, communication,
team-building, entrepreneurship, marketing, and more!.
June 24-29, 2018
PFP In the News
- PFP doctoral student Jennifer Lehman has been chosen as an AFCPE student paper winner for her paper entitled: Charitable Bequest Attitudes among Minorities, and Implications for Financial Planners. Jennifer will present the paper during the AFCPE annual conference in November.
- Financial Planning Team Headed to National Competition, September 2017
- PFP graduate student Tyler Floyd awarded JPH FuturePlanner Scholarship, August 2017
- See Tyler's article he had to share as part of the application titled "Is Rebalancing for Everyone?"
- PFP alum Brandon Garrett named to the InvestmentNews 40 Under 40 List, June 2017
- PFP alum Jonathan Robertson named to the InvestmentNews 40 Under 40 List, June 2017
- PFP assistant professor Sarah Asebedo named to the InvestmentNews 40 Under 40 List, June 2017
- Financial Planning Academy: Bringing financial services to life for young students, April 2017
- InvestmentNews recognizes Deena Katz's contribution to college planning programs, March 2017
- PFP Ph.D. Student, Jacob Tenney, named COHS Graduate Student of the Month, March 2017
- Texas Tech Home to Nation's Top Financial Literacy Program, March 2017
- CFP Board Center for Financial Planning Announces Best Paper Award Winners (Features Dr. Michael Guillemette, PFP doctoral student Maher Alyousif, and PFP alum David Blanchett), February 2017
- Best Financial Planning Research Recognized (Features Dr. Michael Guillemette, PFP doctoral student Maher Alyousif, and PFP alum David Blanchett), February 2017
- PFP Student, Madison Wallace, named COHS Undergraduate Student of the Month, February 2017
PFP Photo Gallery
Join the PFP Double T Society
Being the best program in the country takes tremendous commitment on behalf of all
its stakeholders. We think our alumni should be the cornerstone of this campaign and
we have created the PFP Double T Society to recognize alumni responding to this call.
Join and show your support for PFP!
Join the PFP Circle of Excellence
The PFP Circle of Excellence serves as an extension to the Double T Society. Gifts
from donors in the PFP Excellence Circle allow the department to provide opportunities
for learning and career experience. The fund helps the department meet emerging needs
and challenges when they arise. These unrestricted funds give the department the flexibility
to undertake critical new initiatives or provide distinct opportunities for our students
Join and show your support for PFP!
Take the Next Step
Interested in learning more about the Personal Financial Planning Department? Choose an option to request more information.