Personal Financial Planning
AFC® Approved Education Program
Current Texas Tech students, once you have completed:
- PFI/PFP 3301: Introduction to Personal Finance
- PFI/PFP 3321: Financial Counseling & Consumer Credit
- PFP 5322: Introduction to Applied Personal Finance
- PFP 5377: Client Communication and Counseling
You will have met the educational requirements to sit for the AFC® exam. Visit this Student Pathway to AFC® Certification flyer for more information.
AFC® Distance Learning Program
Working Professionals, the AFC® Distance Learning Program offers courses that helps satisfy the educational requirement to sit for the AFC® exam.
- AFC® Distance Learning Program consist of two Personal Finance Courses taught by the Texas Tech University Personal Finance (PFI) Program: Introduction to Personal Finance and Financial Counseling and Consumer Credit
- High quality courses are offered through the TTU Online Learning Management System - Blackboard. Since there are no official meeting times, the Instructors hold weekly office hours to assist with any questions that you may have and are there to support you throughout the Program.
- Offered Fall and Spring or Summer Semesters.
- Each of the two courses can take up to 1 to 3 hours a week to complete the course work. Your level of personal finance and counseling/consumer credit will determine the amount of time you spend each class during the week.
- You cannot pay or register for one course at a time. The registration and cost is based on the entire AFC® Distance Learning Program.