Personal Financial Planning
AFC® Approved University
Current Texas Tech students, once you have completed:
- PFI/PFP 3301: Introduction to Personal Finance
- PFI/PFP 3321: Financial Counseling and Consumer Credit
You will have met the educational requirements to sit for the AFC® exam. Visit this Student Pathway to AFC® Certification flyer for more information.
AFC® Distance Learning Program
Working Professionals, the AFC® Distance Learning Program offers courses that helps satisfy the educational requirement to sit for the AFC® exam.
AFC® Distance Learning Program consist of two Personal Finance Courses taught by the Texas Tech University Personal Finance (PFI) Program:
- Introduction to Personal Finance
- Financial Counseling and Consumer Credit
- High quality courses are offered through the TTU Online Learning Management System - Blackboard. Since there are no official meeting times, the Instructors hold weekly office hours to assist with any questions that you may have and are there to support you throughout the Program.
- Offered Fall and Spring (14 weeks) or Summer (8 weeks) Semesters.
- Each of the two courses can take up to 1 to 3 hours a week to complete the course work. Your level of personal finance and counseling/consumer credit will determine the amount of time you spend each class during the week.
- It's recommended to take both courses at the same time, however you may take one course per semester. You cannot pay or register for one course at a time. The registration and cost is based on the entire AFC® Distance Learning Program.