Thank you for your interest and support of students with disabilities at Texas Tech University. Our goal is to assist you when working with this population of students by providing you with information that will help you be more effective in your classroom, as well as helping the university maintain compliance with federal disability guidelines.
Please take a few moments to look through the Faculty Handbook and familiarize yourself with the contents. Please do not hesitate to contact the Student Disability Services office at (806) 742-2405. You may also drop by anytime and visit our office in room 335 of West Hall.
Thank you again for your assistance and support of these students. We appreciate you!
Online Accessibility Evaulation
- Your online course in Blackboard
- Your online content in another website
- A website that you would like to use in your course
- Content from a publisher
When teaching online, all course content must be accessible to those students with disabilities. The purpose of Worldwide eLearning's Captioning Lab is to assist faculty members and instructors in making their electronic course materials comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- ADA Syllabus Statement
- Blackboard Assessments
- Captions & Subtitles
- Create Accessible Materials
- Faculty FAQs
- Faculty Guidebook
- Faculty Responsibilities
- Interpreter Information
- Legal Insight on Disabilities
- Letter of Accommodation (LOA) Process
- Outstanding Faculty
- Real-time Transcription (RCART)
- Testing Accommodations
- Tips for Disability Awareness
- Working with Students with Autism