Proctoring Services for Distance/Online Courses:
- Academic Testing Services can provide proctored tests for students who are taking
courses through Distance Learning programs. Courses vary in requirements for proctored
exams, so be sure to follow your instructor's directions or clarify any questions
prior to scheduling an exam with Academic Testing Services.
- Due to limited space and resources, testing at our facility will be on a first-come,
first-serve, seat-available basis.
- No scoring or item analysis is available with this service. All transportation of
test materials will be the responsibility of the instructor.
- Instructors will be responsible for filling out a "Request Form" which is available
on the Academic Testing Services website and must be attached to the required exam.
This request form will contain test administration instructions and include student's
name, course, time limits, any authorized aids, deadlines for completion, and any
other pertinent information deemed appropriate by the instructor.
- Instructors are encouraged to personally deliver the exams to Academic Testing Services
in Rm. 214 West Hall before 12:00 noon five business days before student testing is scheduled to begin. Exams may also be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Passwords for computer-based or online exams should also be received by this deadline. Delivery from an individual authorized by the instructor or campus mail will also
- Photo ID and a signature will be required prior to releasing any exam to the instructor
or authorized individual picking-up testing materials. Students will not be allowed to drop-off, pick-up, or remove testing materials from
Academic Testing Services.
- Academic Testing Services will not copy exams. If instructors have several individuals
needing the same exam, multiple exams and a roster of names must be included in a
securely sealed envelope with the request form of instructions.
- Academic Testing Services will not house an exam for more than two weeks. Instructors
who do not want to pick up unused exams may indicate on the request form that they
want exams destroyed at the end of the two week period. Instructors may resubmit exams
if they deem appropriate.
- Instructors are encouraged to mark "copyright" on their exams.
Test Scheduling during the semester:
- Exams can be scheduled Monday - Friday between 9AM and 3PM. It will be the student's responsibility to schedule their exam time with Academic
Testing Services. Due to limited space and staff we cannot guarantee a seat for students who drop-in
without an appointment.
- Examinees testing in Academic Testing Services will be required to present a driver's license, passport, or military ID prior to taking their scheduled exam.
- Cost for exams is $20.00 if scheduled and PAID for 5 business days in advance.(Final exams which will be scheduled during the Texas Tech finals timeframe must be
scheduled 6 weeks in advance of the first day of finals)
- If payment and scheduling deadlines are not met, an additional $10 late fee will apply
and the exam fee will be $30.00.
- Checks, Money Orders, credit/debit cards are accepted. (NO CASH)
- Fees are non-refundable.
- You may transfer your test time once with an additional $10 transfer fee.
- Testing during the Texas Tech finals timeframe will be on a first-come, first-serve,
seat-available basis. Students who have tested with us throughout the semester will
be given priority.
- Instructors wanting to use our services will need to provide a list of students early
in the semester (shortly after the 12th class day in long semesters). Every effort
will be made to accommodate all requests, but priority will be determined on a first-come,
first-serve basis. Instructors using the services for the entire semester will be
- Instructors will need to provide their final exams to Academic Testing by noon on the last day of classes(including passwords for online and computer-based tests) or we may not be able to accommodate your students.
- Students will need to schedule a test time for their final exam at least six-weeks
prior to the first day of finals. Once seating capacity is reached, students may be
referred back to their instructor to make other proctor arrangements.
- Final exams will need to be available through the entire week of finals and should
be limited to the three-hour time span. (Instructors wishing to have an entire class
tested at a common time will need to work with us on a case by case basis since this
may require seating outside our facility.)
- Each exam will need to be labeled with the professor's name, course number and section.
A driver's license, passport, military i.d. or other government issued i.d. is REQUIRED
at time of testing.*Policies and fees are subject to change
Phone: (806) 742-3671
Location: Room 214 West Hall