Academic Testing Services
Optional Classroom Make-up Exam service:
- Academic Testing Services can provide test proctoring for students who miss a classroom exam due to a university excused absence. No scoring or item analysis is available with this service. All transportation of test materials will be the responsibility of the instructor.
- Academic Testing Services cannot provide accommodations for entire classes due to limited space and personnel. This is a make-up exam service not an alternative testing service. In this context, groups larger than 10 need to be handled by the instructor.
- Academic Testing Services cannot provide the make-up exam service during the summer months due to orientation.
- Make-up exams will be regularly scheduled Monday-Thursday between 9AM and 3PM. (Fridays are not available for make-up exams.) It will be the student’s responsibility to schedule their exam time with Academic Testing Services. Limited space and staff cannot accommodate drop-ins.
- Instructors will be responsible for filling out a “Request Form” which will be available on the Academic Testing Services website and must be attached to the required exam. This request form will contain test administration instructions and include student’s name, course, time limits, any authorized aids, deadlines for completion, and any other pertinent information deemed appropriate by the instructor.
- Instructors are encouraged to personally deliver the exams to Academic Testing Services in Rm. 214 West Hall. However, delivery from an individual authorized by the instructor or campus mail will be accepted.
- Photo ID and a signature will be required prior to releasing any exam to the instructor or authorized individual picking-up testing materials. Students will not be allowed to drop-off, pick-up, or remove testing materials from Academic Testing Services.
- All students testing in Academic Testing Services will be required to present a driver’s license or passport prior to taking their scheduled exam.
- Academic Testing Services will not copy exams. If instructors have several individuals needing the same exam, multiple exams and a roster of names must be included in a securely sealed envelope with the request form of instructions.
- Academic Testing Services will not house an exam for more than two weeks. Instructors who do not want to pick up unused exams may indicate on the request form that they want exams destroyed at the end of the two week period. Instructors may resubmit exams if they deem appropriate.
- Instructors are encouraged to mark “copyright” on their exams.
- Instructors are encouraged to create a “new” version of their exam for make-up purposes.