Are you exempt?
For more information regarding TSI exemptions and compliance, please contact the TSI Compliance Office.
Need to take the TSI exam?
TSI Testing Times:
- Offered daily (Monday-Friday) 8AM-12:00PM
- Academic Testing Services will administer the TSI Assessment on the Sundays during
Red Raider Orientation.
- The Sundays of RRO for Summer of 2016 are:
- June: 12th, 19th, & 26th
- July: 17th, 24th & 31st
- Aug: 7th
- Seating is limited, but you will be placed in a testing lab as quickly as possible.
Students are encouraged to arrive at Academic Testing Services between 8:00-9:00 AM
and no later than 12:00 PM. This timeframe is encouraged because the TSI Assessment
can be a lengthy, untimed exam.
In order to avoid a delay in advising and class registration, it is recommended that you take the TSI assessment prior to your first day of orientation. The TSI exam is untimed and may take several hours to complete.
What is the TSI Assessment?
The TSI Assessment is the ONLY exam approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board to meet compliance requirements for Texas Success Initiative. Additional information regarding the exam and practice questions is available on the Texas Success Initiative website
What is required to take the TSI examination at Academic Testing Services?
Students are required to complete the TSI Pre-Assessment Activity prior to taking the TSI Assessment.
On the day of the exam bring these items with you to 214 West Hall:
- $50.00 non-refundable fee payable to Texas Tech with credit/debit card, check, or money order. NO CASH.
- Appropriate photo ID is required at time of testing (driver's license, passport or other government ID with a current photo)
- Copy of your Pre-Assessment Activity Certificate of completion
Policies and Fees are subject to change
NOTE: ACCUPLACER, Compass, Asset, and THEA no longer satisfy the TSI Requirement.
For more information regarding TSI Compliance, please visit the TSI Compliance Office website
For more information regarding TSI Advising & sample test questions, please visit the Texas Success Initiative website
Phone: (806) 742-3671
Location: Room 214 West Hall
Director: Patricia McConnel