Family & Community Service
June 2020 Update:
As our country, state, and Texas Tech University begins to take steps in reopening, the Burkhart Center remains committed to the safety of our community.
We remain intent on fulfilling our mission and I wanted to take this opportunity to provide an update on the Burkhart Center's path forward.
- We are saddened to announce that camps, family fun events, or other services that require face-to-face interaction will not be offered this summer. We look forward to future community events when we can ensure a safe environment for everyone.
- We have provided updates to the Burkhart Center Autism Resource Guide to include new online resources and the current status of our partner resources.
- All clinical services are now being provided through telemedicine and will continue into the fall. This includes ABA clinical services, the Transition Academy, CASE, and other of our smaller programs. If you are on one of our program waiting lists and want to learn more about what telemedicine will look like for your program, please contact us.
- We anticipate our services this fall to be a hybrid of online and in-person interaction.
Burkhart Walk for Autism Awareness
Burkhart Walk for Autism Awareness is held annually to promote autism awareness in the community and celebrate the lives of individuals with ASD and the families and professionals who support them.
Camp Burkhart, a summer day camp for children with autism, provides structured enrichment opportunities while increasing competence in social interaction for children with ASD. The camp is funded by a generous gift from Scott Malouf.
For more information, contact Susan Voland at 806-834-1331 or email@example.com.
Community-Based Services and Events
The Burkhart Center hosts various community events throughout the year. More information and news about events can be found on our calendar.
- Family Fun Events
- Parents' Night Out
- Performing Arts Activities
- The Burkhart Family Endowed Lecture Series
- Annual Autism Conference
- IEP Clinic and Workshops through the Partners Resource Network
- South Plains Autism Network meetings
To receive the Burkhart Weekly Update email and other Burkhart Center news and announcements you can sign up here.