Family & Community Service
Thank you all for your continued care for the autism community, partnership, and patience as we've navigated this challenging period. We greatly appreciate all you do for your family members, clients, students, and participants!
As our country, state, and Texas Tech University begins to take steps in reopening, the Burkhart Center remains committed to the safety of our community.
We remain intent on fulfilling our mission and I wanted to take this opportunity to provide an update on the Burkhart Center's path forward.
- We have provided updates to the Burkhart Center Autism Resource Guide to include new online resources and the current status of our partner resources.
- All clinical services are now being provided through telemedicine and will continue into the fall. This includes ABA clinical services, the Transition Academy, CASE, and other of our smaller programs. If you are on one of our program waiting lists and want to learn more about what telemedicine will look like for your program, please contact us.
- We anticipate our services this fall to be a hybrid of online and in-person interaction.
- The Burkhart Center has implemented new policies and procedures to continue protecting our communities as we move forward in SAFELY reopening.
- Our staff is looking forward to hosting socially distant and virtual community events this fall. Please follow our Facebook for the most updated information and announcements.
Thank you for your continued patience and grace as we work together to find ways to continue to support each other through this challenging period.
You are also welcome to direct questions to us at email@example.com
Burkhart Walk for Autism Awareness
Burkhart Walk for Autism Awareness is held annually to promote autism awareness in the community and celebrate the lives of individuals with ASD and the families and professionals who support them.
Camp Burkhart, a summer day camp for children with autism, provides structured enrichment opportunities while increasing competence in social interaction for children with ASD. The camp is funded by a generous gift from Scott Malouf.
For more information, contact Susan Voland at 806-834-1331 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community-Based Services and Events
The Burkhart Center hosts various community events throughout the year. More information and news about events can be found on our calendar.
- Family Fun Events
- Parents' Night Out
- Performing Arts Activities
- The Burkhart Family Endowed Lecture Series
- Annual Autism Conference
- IEP Clinic and Workshops through the Partners Resource Network
- South Plains Autism Network meetings
To receive the Burkhart Weekly Update email and other Burkhart Center news and announcements you can sign up here.