Student Organization's Room Reservations
Reserving Rooms in Academic Buildings
- Reservations are made ONLINE are made on a first-come, first-served basis. Detailed instructions are provided online.
- Reservations are processed in the order received. Please allow at least 1 to 2 business days for receipt of a confirmation. Some reservations may require additional processing time.
- Academic programs have priority, so student groups may be assigned a substitute room for one evening when academic instructors need a particular room for an examination, seminar, etc.
- Academic buildings are not available for use by student groups on weekends.
- If you have any questions, please visit Events & Instructional Space Management, Physical Plant Building, 3122 Main St, or call 742-2102.
- Student groups are expected to leave classrooms as they find them. Any group leaving a room in poor condition will be charged a minimum $25 fee for extra custodial service.
- Student groups should conduct activities quietly since academic classes may be nearby. Complaints from instructors may result in the cancellation of a reservation.
- Students are to leave academic buildings by 10 p.m. Exceptions must by approved in advance by Academic Support and Facilities Resources.
- Students must present a student identification card if requested by a university official.
- Students should report any unusual occurrences to University Police, 742-3931.
- Disruptive behavior may result in a group being escorted from the building, canceling of the reservation, and/or other disciplinary action.
Using Rooms in the Student Union
Registered student organizations can reserve rooms in the Student Union including the Allen Theatre for free by contacting the Student Union & Activities Office, 742-3636. Please note there are equipment and labor costs associated with reserving the Allen Theatre.
Organizations can have up to three dates for room reservations on the books at any one time. Additional reservations must be approved by the Student Union & Activities Event Staff. As soon as any one reservation has been utilized, the organization can schedule another reservation.
The Student Union & Activities Office reserves the right to assign the most appropriate room to an organization for their specific needs.
- If the room will not be used, the organization must notify the Student Union & Activities Office to cancel the reservations.
- All cancellations made within a period of less than 48 hours of the event will be incur a $20 fee for student organizations that would normally rent the room for free. Cancellation fees for the Allen Theatre will vary on a case-by-case basis.
Room Set up/No Show Fees
- The Student Union Reservations Office must be notified of the event set up prior to 48 hours before the event during normal business hours of Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
- All event set up changes made within a period of less than 48 hours of the event will be incur a $20 fee for student organizations that would normally rent the room for free. Cancellation fees for the Allen Theatre will vary on a case-by-case basis.
- Any failure to utilize a requested room for an event will incur a $20 fee for student organizations that would normally rent the room for free.
Organizations can only reserve free use rooms for their own use. Organizations collaborating with any off-campus group or university department will incur a reservation fee.
Organizations cannot represent any off-campus group or university department unless the organization is a direct affiliate of the department or organizations, or the sponsorship is approved by the Student Union & Activities Office.
Student Organizations who fully plan and execute their own events may reserve and use free use rooms. Reservations made for free use rooms by a student org must assign a student point of contact for set up, billing and walk throughs.
Student Organizations collaborating with University departments or any off-campus group will incur a reservation fee for all SUB spaces.
Student Organizations are not allowed to represent any university department or off-campus group unless the organization has a direct affiliation.
Campus Departments may not use student organizations to reserve free use rooms for events, meetings or activities.
- If an admission will be charged for an event or donations will be collected during room use, the student organization must have a solicitation form completed, turned in and approved through Center for Campus Life and the Student Union & Activities Office.
- Any room usage during hours when the Student Union is normally closed must be approved by the Student Union Event Staff and will include a charge of $100.00 per hour or partial hour.
- Arrangements for food can be made through Top Tier Catering or Hospitality Services concepts within the Student Union Building. Groups are not allowed to bring food into the Student Union because of the Student Union's agreement with University Caterers unless approved by Top Tier Catering and the Student Union & Activities Office.
- Bills must be paid to the Student Union within 30 days after the event or the organization will not be able to reserve space in the building.