We rely on the efforts of well-trained and enthusiastic alumni, parents and friends of Texas Tech University to help extend the reach of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Become a volunteer and you will have the opportunity to shape the future of Texas Tech. You could be the reason a student chooses to become a Red Raider!
Use the training materials found here to keep you informed of current admissions information. Volunteers are expected to familiarize themselves with the training materials, attend updates when necessary and provide feedback.
Refer a Student
You can refer a student to Texas Tech University by completing the information on the following link.
Recommendation letters are used among many factors in making admission decisions and
are never the sole reason a student may or may not be admitted. We welcome letters
of recommendations for students from alumni and other friends of Texas Tech University.
Please mail all letters to the address listed below and when possible include the
student's full name, date of birth and high school name.
Texas Tech University | Undergraduate Admissions
Lubbock, TX 79409
20 Things Volunteers Can Do For Texas Tech
1. Serve as a recruitment volunteer.
2. Meet with a prospective student at your place of business or take them to lunch and speak about Texas Tech!
3. Mention Texas Tech to a local honor student.
4. Connect a prospective student with a student on campus.
5. Share your Texas Tech experiences with parents of prospective students.
6. Refer a student to Texas Tech. www.admissions.ttu.edu/refer
7. Help a student connect with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
8. Offer to host a local recruitment event in your home or community.
9. Speak about your job and how Texas Tech prepared you.
10. Attend a college fair on behalf of Texas Tech.
11. Help organize a college fair in your area.
12. Offer to drive students to Texas Tech athletic events.
13. Offer to drive students to admissions recruitment events.
14. Help in mailing campaigns.
15. Help with calling campaigns.
16. Sponsor a job shadow day.
17. Deliver materials about Texas Tech to high schools.
18. Fund a scholarship.
19. Encourage all teenagers you meet through work, church or community to consider Texas Tech.
20. Have knowledge about Texas Tech admissions, deadlines and things going on at the campus.
For more information, contact Eddie Canales at 806.834.1298 or email@example.com.