Social Media Content & Development Internship
The Texas Tech Spirit Program wishes to select a student to work directly with the CoEd Cheerleaders, All-Girl Cheerleaders, Pom Squad, Raider Red, and the Masked Rider program to develop media projects to display on our social media accounts, website, and YouTube channels.
Student intern would attend weekly practices, special events, and athletic games to maximize the opportunities to get video and still photos of the squads to produce elite media projects.
The ideal candidate will possess, or have ability to learn quickly, the following:
- Current Texas Tech undergraduate or graduate student – must not graduate prior to May 2020.
- Complete Application. Ideal selection will be by October 1.
- Experience working with Adobe Photoshop and movie producing software (iMovie, etc.).
- Exceptional editing, written and oral communication skills.
- Creative mindset to create and develop strong media content for Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and program's website.
- A firm understanding of how to use and identify current trends in today's social media platforms.
- Desire to take initiative and come up with ideas and projects.
- Available for early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Non-compensation position.
Produce multiple posts to engage, grow, and entertain online social media followers.
We expect posts to highlight our current squads as a whole as well as individual squad members and coaches that would serve as a positive recruitment opportunity for the program.
The student intern will have the following benefits:
- Access to practice facilities, athletic venues, and special events.
- Provided with Texas Tech Spirit Program and Under Armour attire.
- Experience and association with nationally recognized student leaders.
- Exposed to thousands of social media followers to grow personal portfolio.
The Texas Tech Spirit Program attends and represents Texas Tech University at over 600 events each year. With over 52,000 social media followers, the student internship will have special connections and opportunities to grow the program's national recognition and personal portfolio.
To apply, please complete the form below by September 30. Follow up interviews, including samples of your work, will be scheduled after submitting application.
Texas Tech Spirit Program
Address2625 15th Street, 201 Student Union Bldg