Objectives & Outcomes
The Computer Science BS program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org, under the General Criteria and the Program Criteria for Computer Science and Similarly Named Computing Programs.
Program Educational Objectives
Within a few years of graduation, our Computer Science BS graduates are expected to:
- Practice in a computing-related profession and/or pursue advanced studies.
- Function as responsible professionals with the ability to progress within their organizations.
- Continue professional development through education, training, and/or participation in computing-oriented events and organizations.
Computer Science BS graduates of Texas Tech University should attain the following student outcomes
1. Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
2. Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program's discipline.
3. Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
4. Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
5. Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program's discipline.
6. Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
|Department and Programs||Fndl||Bachelor's||Master's||Doctoral||Total|
|Software & Security Engineer||7||7|
Degrees Awarded (Academic Year)
Computer Science BS
Department of Computer Science
AddressTexas Tech University, Box 43104 | Lubbock, TX 79409-3104