Objectives & Outcomes
Computer Science BS
Program Educational Objectives
Within a few years of graduation, our Computer Science BS graduates are expected to:
- Practice in a computing-related profession and/or pursue advanced studies.
- Function as responsible professionals with the ability to progress within their organizations.
- Continue professional development through education, training, and/or participation in computing-oriented events and organizations.
Computer Science BS graduates of Texas Tech University should attain the following student outcomes
1. Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
2. Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program's discipline.
3. Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
4. Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
5. Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program's discipline.
6. Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
|Department and Programs||Fndl||Bachelor's||Master's||Doctoral||Total|
|Software & Security Engineer||4||4|
Degrees Awarded (Academic Year)
Computer Science Program-Specific Criteria
The program must enable students to attain, by the time of graduation:
- An ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices.
- An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity.
The Program Educational Objectives, Student Outcomes & Program Specific Criteria are presented in the 2021-2022 course catalog.
The Computer Science BS program is Accredited by the Computing Accredition commision of ABET http://www.abet.org