Blackboard Support HomeDevelop a CourseCourse FacilitationAssess Student LearningFrequently Asked Questions
Blackboard Frequently Asked Questions
Tests, Surveys, and Pools:
- How do I create a test in Blackboard?
- Import/Export Tests: How to copy tests or pools from one Blackboard course into another?
- Re-open Test: How to re-open a Blackboard test for specific students after the initial closing date?
- Test Availability Exception: How to handle ADA accommodation to give students extra time for tests?
- Multiple Attempts - Grade Change: How do I change which score is accepted in the Grade Center when there are multiple attempts allowed?
- Where do I view an individual student's test attempts?
- Where and when do my students see assessment results and feedback?
- Can my students close and then re-open a test in my course? How does the Timer fit into this question?
- How do I add an image to a test question?
- Can I make a question worth extra credit in a test?
- How do I set my test to use Respondus LockDown Browser?
- How do I create an assignment in Blackboard?
- How do I download an annotated assignment?
- How do I download all my student's assignments at once?
- How do I allow an additional Assignment attempt for a specific student?
- How do I use the inline grading tool to grade assignments?
- How do I download my Grade Center to Excel?
- How to add extra credit in the Grade Center?
- How do I delete a column in the Grade Center?
- How do I create a calculated column?
- How can I use a weighted column to calculate the final course grade?
- How can I exempt a grade for an individual student?
- How do I upload scores from Scantron?
- How do I hide or unhide a specific column from my students in My Grades?
Live and Development Shells:
- Where do I request a Development Shell?
- Where and when will my live courses be available in Blackboard?
- How do I copy a course?
- What are more tips for successfully copying content to the Bb Live Shell?
- How do I request to combine live courses?
- How do I make a course unavailable to students?
- How do I manage course availability?
- How do I add TAs or co-instructors to my Blackboard course?
Communication tools (email, discussions, blogs, journals, feedback etc.):
- What is the difference between the Send Email and the Course Messages Tools?
- How do I disable the Send Email Tool in my course? Does that also disable the Send Email link on the My Institution Screen?
- How do I set up Collaborate Ultra in my Blackboard Course?
- What information can I provide to students about Collaborate Ultra?
- How do I change a Discussion Forum to read-only access for my students?
- How do I create an Announcement in Blackboard?
- Can I provide audio or video feedback to students on assessments?
- What is the best browser to use with Blackboard? Is there a list of which browsers are supported or certified for use with Blackboard?
Creating Content and managing files:
eLearning & Academic Partnerships
AddressTexas Tech Plaza | 1901 University Avenue, Suite 513 | Lubbock, Texas 79410-5095 || Mailing: Box 45095 | Lubbock, TX 79409-5095
PhoneOffice (806) 742-7227 || Student Support (806) 853-5153 or toll-free (844) 897-0537