Texas Tech University


Concentration in English Teaching

Students seeking a provisional certificate with English Language Arts as a teaching field may satisfy the requirement in English through the Bachelor of Arts degree. Certification requirements are determined by the State Board for Education Certification and are subject to change. A grade of C or better in all English courses is required.

Students planning to become high school teachers should minor in secondary education, which includes student teaching (EDSE 4000). They will be required to take EDSE 4000 for their student teaching experience. The university has implemented a teacher education program that includes one semester of student teaching in the senior year. Students wishing to obtain teacher certification should consult with the department's undergraduate advisor and see a College of Education advisor to complete a secondary education minor degree plan.

Complete Your Degree Online

As an online student in our English Department, you will be enrolled in the same courses as our onsite students, with the same professors, earning the same quality of degree. Learn more about our Online BA English Program.


Related Links


Diane Johnson
Advising, Undergraduate