|Ranked #1: Best Online Colleges for a Master's in English|
NEW! Extended application deadlines
for the online MA in English:
For Summer Admission: March 29
For Fall Admission: May 20!
Ranked #1 of Best Online Colleges for a Master's in English
Our Online M.A. has been recognized as 2020's #1 Best Online College for Value for a Master's in English and #2 Most Affordable Online College for a Master's Degree in English because of its high academic standards and affordability. Our program offers:
Same Courses, Same Professors, Same Degree
As an online student in our English Department, you will be enrolled in the same courses as our onsite students, with the same professors, earning the same quality of degree.
- The application deadline for students wishing to begin the online MA English program in the Fall semester is May 20.
- The application deadline for students wishing to begin the online MA English program in the Spring semester is November 1.
- The application deadline for students wishing to begin the online MA English program in the Summer semester is March 29.
Plan ahead to avoid delay in the assessment of your application! Applying for the online MA in English? View tips for a successful application!
The GRE exam is NOT required for any program.
Admission to our graduate programs is based on a holistic assessment of your application materials. We look for applicants who show great promise for completing the requirements for the degree and whose interests correspond with the program's strengths. We look for writing samples that exhibit strong critical analysis, well-focused statements of academic purpose, and strong letters of recommendation strong letters of recommendation that speak to an applicant's strong writing skills, potential to succeed in the program, work ethic, and critical and analytical skills.
Overview of Required Application Document
Submit the following materials to the Texas Tech Graduate School Application Portal:
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- 8-10 page (or longer) critical writing sample for all applicants plus a creative writing sample for creative writing applicants
- 700-word statement of purpose outlining your interest in our graduate program
- 3 letters of recommendation. (Recommenders must send their letters directly through the TTU Graduate School application portal via a prompt generated by the system)
"My experience at Texas Tech permanently changed the course of my education and my life. I would not be where I am today without the guidance of the professors I met through the Online MA. I feel truly lucky that I had the opportunity to be a part of the community at TTU."
— Chrysta Wilson
As the new Director of Graduate Studies I am excited to be part of the expansion of our #1 ranked online MA Program. We are invested in providing a rigorous, affordable, and accessible master's degree in English to Texas teachers and others who are looking to hone their writing and critical thinking skills and increase their knowledge of literature. If you have any questions about the program, please contact me!
— Dr. Julie Nelson Couch