Established in the Spring 2021 semester, Studio E is a recording studio housed in and supported by the Department of English at Texas Tech University. The studio's mission is to facilitate the production of professional-quality video and audio projects in accordance with the following five goals. First, to:
- Celebrate, support, and empower local Lubbock residents and organizations through the production of podcasts and video essays about the region and its inhabitants;
- Enhance TTU faculty and student research in the areas of audio and video literature and the Digital Humanities;
- Offer students training in Digital Storytelling and A/V editing to help them create individual projects, enable instructors to incorporate such training into their pedagogy and course objectives, and provide collaborative opportunities with the English Department's Media Lab;
- Highlight the achievements of students and faculty working in the areas of First-Year Writing, Literature, Linguistics, Creative Writing, and Technical Communication and Rhetoric, and
- Share locally, nationally, and globally the important work that scholars and writers within TTU's Department of English regularly produce in the hope that such work can explain, challenge, and potentially change the world for the better.