Undergraduate Writing Certificate
The Undergraduate Writing Certificate allows students to add a valuable skill to their resume and develop valuable techniques for today's competitive job market. More than 73% of employers look for applicants with proven professional and creative writing skills. Improved writing skills will help students in their current courses, while also making them stand out to employers.
Why get a writing certificate?
- If you've already taken ENGL 1302, you're only 4 classes away from having a certificate added to your transcript!
- All courses are offered online with both synchronous and asynchronous options.
- Stand out from other applicants by showing YOU have the writing skills to do the job. Employers will see a certificate proving that you have the skills they want to hire!
- Want to have a minor and a certificate? You can combine the writing certificate with a minor in Technical Communication or English, so you don't have to choose!
The certificate includes 4 required courses and 1 elective course.
ENGL 1302: Advanced College Rhetoric
ENGL 2311: introduction to Technical Writing
ENGL 2351: Introduction to Creative Writing
ENGL 3351: Creative Writing – Fiction, Nonfiction or Poetry
Elective Courses (Choose 1)
ENGL 3363: Introduction to Science Writing OR
ENGL 3365: Professional Report Writing OR
ENGL 3366 Style (Editing) in Technical Writing
- Student must receive a "B" or better in all courses taken toward the writing certificate, including transferred courses.
- Student must take at least one course at TTU – all other courses toward the certificate can be transferred.
Have Questions? We have answers! Reach out here:
Diane Johnson, English.email@example.com
Also find more information here: https://catalog.ttu.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=13&poid=10832