Thomas Kimball, Ph.D., LMFT
George C. Miller Family Regents Professor, Director - Center for Collegiate Recovery Communities
Addictive Disorders and Recovery Studies
Phone: (806) 834-4210
Office: CCRC 129C
Research InterestsStudies collegiate and long term recovery. Focuses on factors that enhance long term recovery.
- ADRS 3325 Addiction and the Family
- ADRS 6301 Couple and Family Dynamics of Addiction
- Laudet, A., Harris, K., Kimball, T., Winters, K. & Moberg, D. P. (2015) Characteristics of students participating in Collegiate Recovery Programs: A national survey. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 51, 38-46.
- Laudet, A. B., Harris, K., Winters, K., Moberg, D., & Kimball, T. (2015). Results from the first nationwide survey of students in collegiate recovery programs. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 146, e170.
- Laudet, A. B., Harris, K., Winters, K., Moberg, D., & Kimball, T. (2014). Nationwide survey of collegiate recovery programs: Is there a single model? Drug & Alcohol Dependence, 140, e117.
- Dempsey, J.P., Harris, K.S., Shumway, S.T., Kimball, T.G., Herrera, J.C., Bradshaw, S., Dsauza, C.M. (2014). Functional Near Infrared Spectroscopy as a Potential Biological Assessment of Addiction Recovery: Preliminary Findings. The American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse, 8(1).
- Shumway, S.T., Dakin, J.B., Smock-Jordan, S.A., Kimball, T.G., Harris, K.S. & Bradshaw, S. (2014). The development of the hope and coping in recovery measure (HCRM). Journal of Groups in Addiction and Recovery. Bitar, G.W., Kimball, T.G., Bermudez, J.M. & Drew, C. (2014). Therapist self -disclosure and culturally competent care with court mandated clients: A phenomenological study. Contemporary Family Therapy. 36, 417-425.
- Harris, K.S., Kimball, T.G., Casiraghi, A.M., Maison, S.J. (2014). Collegiate Recovery Programs. The Peabody Journal of Education, 89, 229-243.
- Laudet, A., Harris, K., Kimball, T., Winters, K. & Moberg, D. P. (2014) Collegiate Recovery Communities Programs: What do we know and what do we need to know? Journal of Social Work Practice in the Addictions. (14) 84-100.
- Shumway, S.T., & Kimball, T.G. (2012) Six essentials to achieve lasting recovery. Hazelden, MN.
- Author of the MAP recovery blog.