Zhongkui Hong, Ph.D.
Office: ME South 201D
Research website:Hong Research Group
Dr. Zhongkui Hong is an Associate Professor in the Department of mechanical engineering at the Texas Tech University. His research is focused on Biomechanics in cardiovascular diseases, and Mechanics in biomaterial design and tissue engineering. Dr. Hong's research has been funded by the American Heart Association, National Institutes of Health, National Science Foundation, and South Dakota Board of Regents. His research and teaching have been recognized with the 2021 University President's Award for Research Excellence, one of the highest honors at the University of South Dakota, and the 2022 Richard and Sharon Cutler Outstanding Faculty Award from the College of Arts and Science for promoting liberal arts education at The University of South Dakota.
- Biomechanics in cardiovascular diseases and cancer metastasis
- Mechanics in biomaterial design and tissue engineering
- Stem cell-derived tissue engineering
- Nanomaterials for tissue engineering and drug delivery
- Ph D, Polymer Chemistry and Physics, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2005
- MS, Materials Science, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, 2001
- BS, Chemical Engineering, Jilin Institute of Chemical Technology, 1991