Camo to Corporate: Veterans Career Series
The TTU Camo to Corporate series provides valuable skills to better prepare veterans for the workforce. Those students completing all the steps in this program will be dressed for success and ready to enter the professional world.
This program is limited to 20 TTU student veterans.
1. TTU undergraduate, graduate or law student graduating from TTU in 2023.
2. Minimum 2.5 GPA
3. One-page essay outlining military, academic, work experiences and career/life goals
4. Signed agreement to complete all program sessions in the series
Each participant will be required to keep track of their own session progress through
an attendance checklist and complete the following steps:
1. Complete the following one-on-one appointments with a designated career counselor at the University Career Center:
• Career Assessment Interpretations (Strong Interest Inventory, TypeFocus or Strengths
• Resume and Cover Letter Writing Critique
• Mock Interview
2. Attend at least 2 of the following events offered by University Career Center:
• Mocktail Party*
• Etiquette Dinner*
• All Majors Job Fair
* Asterisks indicate that registration is required through HireRedRaiders on the University Career Center website and space is limited.
3. Schedule an appointment at a designated suit vendor(s) to select and be fitted for a suit. Those students completing all steps in the series will qualify to pick up their suit.
4. Attend a photo session wearing your suit: individual and/or group
Optional: Involvement in a Camo to Corporate Testimonial Video
Applications will open November 11, 2022 for TTU undergraduate, graduate or law school students graduating in May 2023, August 2023 or December 2023.
Application deadline: February 15, 2023.
Companies interested in participating in the TTU Camo to Corporate: Veterans Career Series should contact the Texas Tech University Career Center at 806.742.2210 for more information.
Military & Veterans Programs
Address2500 Broadway Street, West Hall Room 242, Texas Tech University, PO Box 45026, Lubbock, TX 79409-5026