- Master's Degree
- College of Arts & Sciences
Requires some face-to-face courses.
About the Program
The PhD in Technical Communication & Rhetoric (TCR) is designed for students with an interest in rhetoric, writing, technical communication, and composition. The aim of this doctoral program is to engage the students in acquiring broad knowledge of the history, theory, research, genres, and practice of technical communication and rhetoric; specialized knowledge of some aspect of communication or rhetoric; and ability to conduct independent research.
The program emphasizes five broad areas in its scholarship, coursework, and initiatives:
- Rhetoric, Composition, and Technology
- Technical Communication
- Rhetorics of Science and Healthcare
- Technology, Culture, and Rhetoric
- Visual Rhetoric, New Media, and User-Centered Design
Visit the program website for more details.Program Website