To All Prospective MPA Applicants:
If you are considering applying or are in the process of applying to the Master of Public Administration Program we want to encourage you to apply and get your application fee waived. The department is willing to waive the application fee by providing you with a Coupon Code. If interested please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Coupon Code will be emailed to you. When completing the application simply enter the Coupon Code and the application fee will be waived. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Students are accepted from a variety of undergraduate fields and no leveling courses are required. MPA Applications are accepted for on a rolling basis for fall and spring semesters. Although there is no deadline, time is required to process the applications and to allow time to take the GRE, GMAT or LSAT for your test scores, so applicants should apply well before the term starts.
The procedures and requirements for admission, for both an MPA degree student and special students, are outlined in the Texas Tech University Graduate Catalog as follows:
1. Complete the Graduate School's Online Application
The Graduate School application requires a $50 non-refundable fee, but if you have applied to other graduate programs previously, this fee may be waived. Check with the graduate school about other requirements such as the residency statement.
2. Complete the Texas Tech MPA Admission Inquiry by typing your inquiry into the form.
Seats are limited, so earlier applicants stand a better chance of admission and the possibility of receiving scholarships. We encourage you to complete this process as soon as possible before your desired semester of entry.
3. Provide to the Texas Tech Graduate School official transcripts from all college level study and be in good standing at all institutions attended.
4. Official GRE scores must be sent from the Educational Testing Service. If you have already taken the GMAT or LSAT you may submit those scores for our review. However, if you have not taken the GMAT or LSAT, you are required to take the GRE and submit those scores.
Applicants admitted to the law school who also apply to the MPA program for the joint MPA/JD degree are admitted to the MPA program based on their admission to the law school and their grades in the first year of law school courses.
5. Submit two letters of recommendation to Texas Tech University, MPA Admissions, PO Box 41015, Lubbock, TX 79409-1015. The letter should address your ability to be successful in the MPA program. Letters often come from educators and employers. Helpful letters address not only strengths, but explain weaknesses in your record. You may submit more than one letter. Applicants to the MPA/JD program do not need to submit letters of recommendation if they are already admitted to law school.
6. Submit a resume with your application to the Public Administration Program.
Grade point averages, test scores, progressive work experience, references and other relevant factors are taken into account in admission decisions.
For further information, feel free to contact us:
Texas Tech University
Public Administration Program
Lubbock, TX 79409-1015
Phone: (806) 834-3729
Texas Tech University
Office of Graduate Admissions
P.O. Box 41030
Lubbock, Texas 79409