CITI - Human Subjects TTU Social and Behavioral Investigators
Instructions for Registering for CITI Training
- Go to link www.citiprogram.org
- Click on "Register."
- Enter Texas Tech University into "Select Your Organization Affiliation."
- Click "I affirm that I am an affiliate of Texas Tech University.
- Click "Continue to Create Your CITI Program Username/Password."
- Fill out Personal Information by entering your First Name, Last Name, Email Address/Verification, and Secondary Email Address/Verification into the appropriate boxes. Click "Continue to Step 3."
- Create a username and enter it into the "User Name" box. Remember the username should
be at least four (4) characters and is NOT case sensitive.
- Create a password and enter it into the "Password" box. You will need to enter the password again into the "Verify Password" box for verification. Remember the password should be at least eight (8) characters and IS case sensitive.
- Scroll down and click the dropdown arrow in the "Security Question" box. Select a security question with a memorable answer from the dropdown box.
- Type the answer to the security question you chose in the "Security Answer" box.
- Click "Continue to Step 4."
*If you receive an error message claiming your username is already in use, you will need to change your username and press "Continue to Step 4" again.
- Enter your country of residence into the "Country of Residence" box. Click "Continue to Step 5."
- Indicate that you are not interested in receiving Continuing Education Unit (CEU)
credit for completing CITI Program courses by clicking the "No" button.
- Scroll down to the "Can CITI Program contact you...regarding participation in research surveys?" section and click "yes," "no," or "Not sure, Ask me later" to indicate whether you wish for CITI to contact you regarding participation in research surveys.
- Under the "Can CITI Program contact you...with marketing information?" section, click "yes" or "no" to indicate if you would like to receive marketing information from CITI at a later date.
- Click "Continue to Step 6."
- Click the dropdown arrow under "Language Preference" and select "English."
- Enter the requested information into the required "Institutional Email Address," "Department," and "Role in Research" boxes as well as any additional information you wish to provide in the remaining boxes.
- Click "Continue to Step 7."
- In step 7, you will be responsible for selecting courses that are relevant to your
field of research. Please select the courses you would wish to take in the following
Research with Human Subjects- Select Human Subjects TTU Social and Behavioral Investigators – Basic/Refresher.
- Click "Complete Registration."
- Click "Finalize Registration."
The following screen will show all the courses you selected. Click on the course title to begin a course.