Join the Funding Institutional Webinar to review strategies and best practices for potential funding opportunities. Register to attend here.
STEM Center for Outreach, Research & Education (STEM CORE)
Congratulations to Dr. Higgins for being a 2020 Integrated Scholar! An Integrated Scholar demonstrates significant accomplishments and effective synergy among the major professorial functions of teaching, research, and service.
Become a Graduate Student Affiliate, Affiliate, Member, or Fellow to help bridge STEM programs, departments and projects across campus and the community. Click here to apply!
The mission of STEM CORE is to integrate and deepen the impact of STEM education, outreach, and research at Texas Tech University and beyond.
Currently, STEM CORE's mission and activities align with the three university's primary, comprehensive areas of focus in the strategic plan: 1) Enable innovative research and creative activities; 2) Transform lives and communities through strategic outreach and engaged scholarship; and 3) Provide support mechanisms for educating and empowering a diverse student body.
Have an announcement or an event you would like us to publicize? Please email STEM CORE with information at least 48 hours before you would like it posted or distributed.
Connect with STEM CORE:
Meet the STEM CORE Directors
STEM CORE is directed by STEM-area TTU faculty members with various specializations. The current faculty associate directors are:
- Jaclyn Cañas-Carrell, College of Arts & Sciences (Director)
- Raegan Higgins, College of Arts & Sciences
- Sheima Khatib, Whitacre College of Engineering
- Nancy McIntyre, College of Arts & Sciences
- Elizabeth Trejos-Castillo, College of Human Sciences
- Jill White, College of Education, CISER
- Joey Young, College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources
- Dominick J. Casadonte, Jr., College of Arts & Sciences (Immediate Past Director)