Your successes are our successes – please keep us informed!
Send us your updated information by completing the Alumni Information Update Form.
Click here for Faculty and Student News
|Jack McCavit (1970 B.S.Ch.E.) has been named a Distinguished Engineer by the Texas Tech Whitacre College of Engineering. McCavit is a fellow of AIChE and a fellow of the Center for Chemical Process Safety (CCPS). He was employed with Celanese for 35 years before starting his own consulting firm, J. L. McCavit Consulting, LLC, in 2005.|
- Jack McCavit (1970 B.S.Ch.E.) has been named named a fellow of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers. McCavit, who is also a fellow and staff consultant for the Center for Chemical Process Safety (CCPS), was employed with Celanese for 35 years before starting his own consulting firm, J. L. McCavit Consulting, LLC, in 2005.
- Wei Zheng (2008 Ph.D.) joins the Department of Engineering and Technology at the University of Wisconsin-Stout. Dr. Zheng completed her Ph.D. at Texas Tech in 2008 under the supervision of Prof. Sindee L. Simon. She then spent a year in Prof. Alan Lesser's laboratory at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Her research interests include biopolymers and biopolymer-based nanocomposites.
- Jack McCavit (1970 B.S.Ch.E.) is awarded the Mary Kay O'Conner Process Safety Center Merit Award. The award is presented to individuals who make significant contributions to advancing research, education, and service projects related to safety processes and technologies. McCavit was employed with Celanese for 35 years before starting his own consulting firm, J. L. McCavit Consulting, LLC, in 2005.
- Micah Green (2002 B.S.Ch.E.) joins the Department of Chemical Engineering at Texas Tech as an Assistant Professor in 2009. Dr. Green completed his Ph.D. at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 2007 with Prof. Robert C. Armstrong. He then spent two years as the J. Evans Attwell-Welch Postdoctoral Researcher at Rice's Richard E. Smalley Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology.
- Christie Peebles (2002 B.S.Ch.E.) joins the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering at Colorado State University in 2009. Dr. Peebles completed her Ph.D. at Rice in 2008 working on the metabolic engineering of the Madagascar periwinkle in an effort to increase production of two important anti-cancer drugs. She then did a one-year postdoctoral stint at Massachusetts Institute of Technology in biofuels before joining the faculty at CSU.
- Rodney Priestley (2003 B.S.Ch.E.) joins the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering at Princeton University in 2009. Dr. Priestley completed his Ph.D. at Northwestern in 2008 under the mentorship of Prof. John Torkelson. He was then awarded a Chateaubriand/NSF International Research Postdoctoral Fellowship to perform research at the ESPCI in Paris, France. Since joining Princeton, Dr. Priestley has won several prestigious awards, including an NSF Career Award in 2011 and an AFOSR Young Investigator Award in 2012.
- Yan Meng (2008 Ph.D.) joins the faculty at Beijing University of Chemical Technology as an Associate Professor in 2009. Dr. Meng completed his Ph.D. at Texas Tech under the supervision of Prof. Sindee L. Simon. He then spent one year as a postdoctoral researcher with Prof. Joshua Otaigbe at the University of Southern Mississippi. His research focus is on composite materials.