NaTex: 2008 Program
The Texas and Southwest Thermal Analysis and Rheology Forum
Section of the North American Thermal Analysis Society
Materials Science at the Nanoscale
May 13, 2008
Polymers/Organics at the Nanoscale
- Prof. Connie Roth (Emory) - "Influence of Polymer-Polymer Interfaces on the Glass Transition in Ultrathin Multilayer Films"
- Prof. Warren Ford (OSU) - "Surface Chemistry of Colloids"
- Prof. Hank S. Ashbaugh (Tulane) - "Stability of Natively Unfolded Proteins and Polymers."
- Prof. Melissa A. Grunlan (TAMU) - "Design and Characterization of Inorganic-Organic Polymeric Biomaterials"
Inorganics at the Nanoscale
- Prof. Louisa Hope-Weeks (TTU) - "Porous Transition Metal Oxide Materials"
- Prof. Rick F. Reidy (UNT) - "Synthesis, Modification, and Characterization of Porous Low-k Silica Films for Semiconductor Applications"
Heterogeneous Materials at the Nanoscale
(In memory of Prof. Roger Morgan, TAMU)
- Prof. Pulickel M. Ajayan (Rice) - "Engineering at the Nanoscale: The Carbon Nanotube Experience"
- Dr. Nelson Bell (Sandia) - "Nanoparticle Dispersant Design and Suspension Rheology"
- Prof. Jaime Grunlan (TAMU) - "Carbon Nanotubes in Liquid Suspensions and Solid Polymers"
|Tuesday, May 13, 2008|
|7:45 - 8:15 a.m.||Coffee and Continental Breakfast|
|8:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||Invited Talks|
|12:15 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch|
|1:30 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.||Invited talks|
|4:45 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.||Poster Session / Reception|
|6:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.||Business Meeting|