The Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry offers the Ph.D. and M.S. degree in Chemistry, with a specialization in eight subfields: analytical chemistry, biochemistry, chemical education, chemical physics, inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry and theoretical chemistry. Most information on these programs can be found by looking through the research interests of our faculty and the graduate courses we offer.
The Department now offers two new degrees in Chemical Biology: M.S. Non-thesis and M.S. Thesis. Click here for more information and how to apply: Apply
Graduate Studies may begin in either the Fall or the Spring semester. Applications are evaluated as they are received; however, the following application deadlines apply. Applications completed after these deadlines will be considered for the following semester.
|Fall Deadline||Spring Deadline|
|US Students & Permanent Residents||April 1||October 1|
|International Students||March 1||September 1|
The following steps must be taken to complete the application to the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry:
- Completed application at the Graduate School through Apply Texas!
- Supplemental Application for Chemistry – Apply now
- Submit transcript copies to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send paper copies. Three Letters of Recommendation:
- Send reference people form to waive right of access to confidential letter of recommendation. Be sure to fill in the top with your name and your signature and date (Click Here)
- Ask them to send a written letter of recommendation with the form.
- Submit to email@example.com and we will forward to the graduate admissions.
- Official GRE scores through ETS (Institution code 6827) not more than 5 years old
- For international students – Official TOEFL or IELTS scores – not more than 2 years old
The following items are not required but are highly recommended:
- Statement of Purpose
- Publication Abstracts/reprints (if you have them)