The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry offers the Ph.D. and M.S. degree in Chemistry, with a specialization in eight subfields: analytical chemistry, biochemistry, chemical education, chemical physics, inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry and theoretical chemistry. More information on these programs can be found by looking through the research interests of our faculty and the graduate courses we offer.
The Department also now offers two new degrees in Chemical Biology: M.S. Non-thesis and M.S. Thesis.
Graduate Studies may begin in either the Fall or the Spring semester. Applications are evaluated as they are received; however, the following application deadlines apply. Applications completed after these deadlines will be considered for the following semester.
|Fall Deadline||Spring Deadline|
|US Students & Permanent Residents||April 1||October 1|
|International Students||March 1||September 1|
The following steps must be taken to complete the application to the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry:
- Completed application at the Graduate School through APPLY TEXAS!
- Supplemental Application for Chemistry – a link will be e-mail to you within 24 hours
- Three Letters of Recommendation - provide e-mail addresses of recommenders when prompted
- Official GRE scores through ETS (Institution code 6827) not more than 5 years old
- For international students – Official TOEFL or IELTS scores - not more than 2 years old
The following items are not required but are highly recommended:
- Statement of Purpose
- Publication Abstracts/reprints (if you have them)
- The Subject GRE (Chemistry or Biochemistry, or Cell & Molecular Biology) test scores (if you have taken it)
All Application materials should be uploaded to the appropriate Graduate site
or mailed to:
Texas Tech University
The Graduate School Admissions
Boston Ave at Akron Ave
Lubbock, TX 79409-1030