Dr. Praveen Kumar
Title: Research Assistant Professor
Education: M.S., I.I.T. Roorkee
Ph.D., Panjab University Chandigarh (2008)
Visiting Fellow (w/ Prof. G. G. Balint-Kurti), Bristol University, UK
Postdoctoral Research Associate (w/ Prof. Svetlana Malinovskaya), Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ
Senior Postdoctoral Research Associate (w/ Prof. Seogjoo Jang), Queens College of CUNY, NY
Office: Chemistry 010
- Jacek Klos, Millard H. Alexander, Praveen Kumar, Bill Poirier, Bin Jiang, and H. Guo, New ab initio potential energy surfaces and bound state calculations for the singlet ground X1A1 and excited C1B2(21A') states of SO2, J. Chem. Phys. 144, 174301 (2016).
- Praveen Kumar and B. Poirier, Rovibrational bound states of SO2 isotopologues. II: Total angular momentum J=11-20, Chem. Phys. 461, 34 (2015).
- Praveen Kumar, J. Ellis, and B. Poirier, Rovibrational bound states of SO2 isotopologues. I: Total angular momentum J=0-10, Chem. Phys. 450-451, 59 (2015).
- Praveen Kumar, S. Malinovskya, and V. Malinovsky, Optimal control of multilevel quantum systems in the field interaction representation, Phys. Rev. A 90, 033427 (2014).
- Praveen Kumar, S. Malinovskya, I. R. Sola, and V. Malinovsky, Selective creation of maximum coherence in multi-level L system, Mol. Phys. 112, 326 (2013).
- Praveen Kumar and S. Jang, Emission lineshapes of the B850 band of light-harvesting 2 (LH2) complex in purple bacteria: A second order time-nonlocal quantum master equation approach, J. Chem. Phys. 138, 135101 (2013).
- Praveen Kumar, S. Malinovskya, and V. Malinovsky, Optimal control of population and coherence in three-level Λ systems, J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 44, 154010 (2011).
- Praveen Kumar and S. Malinovskaya, Quantum dynamics manipulation using optimal control theory in the presence of the laser field noise, J. Mod. Opt. 57, 1243 (2010).
- Praveen Kumar, S. Sharma, and H. Singh, Optimally controlled vibrational population transfer in a diatomic quantum system, J. Theo. Comp. Chem. 8, 157 (2009).
- H. Singh, S. Sharma, Praveen Kumar, J. Harvey, and G. G. Balint-Kurti, Design of the optimal laser fields to control vibrational excitations in carboxy-myoglobin, Lect. Notes Comp. Sc. 5102, 387 (2008).
- Praveen Kumar and H. Singh, Controlling dynamics in diatomic systems, J. Chem. Sci. 119, 441(2007).
- M. Sharma, Praveen Kumar, H. Singh, and T. K. Chakraborty, Preferential Cyclotrimerization of 5-(aminomethyl)-2-furancarboxylic acid (AMFC): Electrostatic and Orbital Interaction Studies, J. Mol. Struct. (Theochem) 764, 109 (2006).
- M. Sharma and Praveen Kumar, Chemical Oscillations II: Mathematical Modelling, RESONANCE 11, 61 (2006).
- M. Sharma and Praveen Kumar, Chemical Oscillations I: Basic Principles and Examples, RESONANCE 11, 43 (2006).