The College of Media & Communication Graduate Program at Texas Tech University offers master and doctoral level programs. Both are grounded in theory and expose students to a variety of different methodologies and areas
The Graduate Faculty has made impressive contributions in media and communication research and has a true desire to train future scholars and educators. The College of Media & Communication also has the facilities and resources needed to assist graduate students throughout their collegiate career.
In The News
- Former doctoral student Dane Kiambi, Ph.D., and Autumn Shafer, Ph.D., received the Ecquid Novi African Journalism Studies Best Paper Award for Journalism Research at the 2014 AEJMC conference in Montreal for their paper titled, "Country Reputation Management: Developing a Scale for Measuring the Reputation of Four African Countries in the United States." The paper was selected for the award from the submissions to the AEJMC International Communication Division's Open Paper Competition.
- Congratulations to Weiwu Zhang, Ph.D.! Zhang was selected as the research co-chair with the Public Relations Division of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC) for the 2014-2015 year.
- Olan Farnall, Ph.D., recently conducted research that showed the number of commercials featuring people with disabilities has increased in recent years but still does not represent the size of the disabled population. He plans to expand on his research in the future by utilizing the college's eye tracking technology. Read more
- Weiwu Zhang, Ph.D., has been selected by the Routledge, Taylor and Francis Group as the new editor for Communication Booknotes Quarterly to begin in 2015.
- Congratulations to Sungwon Chung, Ph.D.! His dissertation, "Motivated cognition in video games: the influence of emotional video game content on cognitive processing of billboard advertisements embedded in first-person shooter games," was awarded 2nd place in the Outstanding Thesis and Dissertation Awards in the Social Sciences competition by the Graduate School at Texas Tech University.
- Congratulations to Adeniyi Bello for being selected by the Public Relations Division (PRD) of the Association of Educators in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC) as one of three winners of the 2014 Inez Kaiser Graduate Students of Color Award.