Texas Tech Links
These offices and organizations provide information or services related to the Institute’s goals.
- Hispanic Student Society | http://www.orgs.ttu.edu/hss/
- Latino(a)/Hispanic Faculty and Staff Association | www.orgs.ttu.edu/lhfsa
Endeavors to proportionally increase the presence and improve the opportunities for Latino(a)s/Hispanic individuals at Texas Tech University.
- Mentor Tech | http://www.depts.ttu.edu/mentortech/default.asp
Encourages retention of students from underrepresented groups by pairing them with a faculty, staff or graduate student mentor.
- Division of Institutional Diversity, Equity & Community Engagement | http://www.depts.ttu.edu/diversity/
- Raiders Rojos | http://www.tturaidersrojos.org/
Chapter of the Texas Tech Alumni Association promoting the retention and graduation attainment of Hispanic students within the Texas Tech University System.
- Texas Tech Center for the Southwest | http://www.texastech.edu/ttcs/
- Unidos por un mismo idioma(“United by a common language”) | http://ttu.orgsync.com/org/umi
Student organization supporting use of the Spanish language and understanding of its affiliated cultures among students, faculty, and staff.
Organizations Focused on Hispanic-Oriented Communication
- Latinos and Media Project | http://www.latinosandmedia.org/
Information and resources about a variety of issues related to Latinos and the media
- National Association of Hispanic Journalists | http://www.nahj12.com/
Organization dedicated to the recognition and professional advancement of Hispanics in the news industry.
- Tomás Rivera Policy Institute | http://www.trpi.org/
A non-profit research organization that advances critical, insightful thinking on key issues affecting Latino communities through objective, policy-relevant research, and its implications, for the betterment of the nation.
Organizations Focused on International Communication
- International Telecommunications Union (ITU) | http://www.itu.int/en/Pages/default.aspx
The United Nations specialized agency for information and communication technologies – ICTs.
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization | http://www.unesco.org/new/en/
UNESCO’s mission is to contribute to the building of peace, the eradication of poverty, sustainable development and intercultural dialogue through education, the sciences, culture, communication and information.
- World Trade Organization (WTO) | http://www.wto.org
deals with the global rules of trade between nations.
Hispanic Information Sources on the Web
- Latin American Network Information Center (LANIC) | http://www1.lanic.utexas.edu/
Provides users access to comprehensive Latin American databases and information services on the internet. Includes an extensive Latin American country and subject directory and a section devoted to media and communication.
- Pew Hispanic Center | http://www.pewhispanic.org/
A nonpartisan research organization that seeks to improve understanding of the U.S. Hispanic population and to chronicle Latinos’ growing impact on the nation.
Industry-Oriented Information Sources
- Portada | http://www.portada-online.com/
Hispanic advertising, marketing & media magazine, a source of news and analysis about the expansion of Hispanic print and digital media.
- Hispanic Market Weekly | http://www.hispanicmarketweekly.com/
In-depth coverage of the people, companies and trends that influence the U.S. Latino market.