- The Institute for Hispanic and International Communication is pleased to be assuming the editorship of the Journal for Spanish Language Media. Launched at the University of North Texas by Dr. Alan Albarran in 2008, the Journal has published six issues and served as an important source of information on this fast-developing industry segment. Dr. Kent Wilkinson will serve as editor for the Journal.
- The Institute for Hispanic and International Communication is pleased to be co-sponsoring the Global Lens Film Series for the fifth consecutive year. The screenings take place on Thursday evenings at 6:00 in CoMC 083 February 21 through May 2 (except March 14). The series schedule is available at www.depts.ttu.edu/comc/programs/globallens/index.php
- Congratulations to doctoral students and IHIC-affiliates Dane Kiambi and Patrick Merle who have secured tenure-track faculty positions at the University of Nebraska and Florida State University, respectively.
- Congratulations to IHIC-affiliated faculty and staff who recently had papers accepted to the International Communication Association conference in London in May.
- Dr. Wilkinson wrote a feature story in the Mass Communicator, where he was able to share some thoughts, observations and photos from his month-long stint as a visiting professor at the French Institute of the Press in Paris.