COMC Academic Advising Center
Advising staff from left: Rose Cruz, Donald Ellis, Kathy Lindsey, Ryan Johnson, Marijane Wernsman and Miranda Russell.
The Advising Office at The College of Media & Communication is dedicated to providing students with the answers necessary for completion of their degree plan. Prospective undergraduate students should contact the advising office for information on enrolling in the College of Media & Communication. Current students should check with the advising office each semester for information on advising sessions and requirements for graduation.
Advisors are available Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Phone: 806-834-5897
- Office: COMC 169
Advising checklists for each major may be reviewed through the following links:
Electronic Media & Communications (EMC)
Public Relations (PR)
Minors for non-Media & Communication students
Intent to Graduate
Instructions for submitting checksheets online:
- Our office requires students to be advised each semester before being allowed to register for the following semester.
- Included with each advising checklist are Summer/Fall and Spring course request forms. Students only need to complete the page for the semester which they will be registering for.
- You may preview your tentative schedule with the online schedule builder.
- Learn how to use the new Visual Schedule Builder
- Please use your Raider ID number instead of a Social Security Number.
- Save your completed form as “lastname.firstname.pdf” (smith.john.pdf).
- Attach your checksheet in an email to the advisor for your major.
- Learn how to run a degree audit
Note: You must have Adobe PDF Professional to fill out and submit the PDF Checklist via email.
Paperwork is divided by major between the following advisors:
|Dr. Marijane Wernsman