COMC Academic Advising Center
Advising staff from left: Marijane Wernsman,
Debra Sanderson, Ryan Johnson, Donald Ellis,
Rose Cruz, and Ashton Ray.
The Advising Office at The College of Media & Communication is dedicated to providing students with the answers necessary for completion of their degree plan. Prospective undergraduate students should contact the advising office for information on enrolling in the college. Current students should check with the advising office each semester for information on advising sessions and requirements for graduation.
Advising staff are available Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - Noon and
1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Phone: 806-834-5897
- Office: COMC 169
Advising checklists for each major may be reviewed through the following links:
Electronic Media & Communications (EMC)
Public Relations (PR)
Minors for non-Media & Communication students
Intent to Graduate
Instructions for submitting checklists online:
- Our office requires students to be advised each semester before being allowed to register for the following semester.
- Included with each advising checklist are Summer/Fall and Spring course request forms. Students only need to complete the page for the semester for which they will be registering for.
- You may preview your tentative schedule with the online schedule builder.
- Learn how to use the new Visual Schedule Builder.
- Please use your Raider ID number instead of a Social Security Number.
- Save your completed form as “lastname.firstname.pdf” (smith.john.pdf).
- Attach your checklist in an email to the adviser for your major.
- Learn how to run a degree audit.
Note: You must have Adobe PDF Professional to fill out and submit the PDF Checklist via email.
Paperwork is divided by major between the following advisers:
|Dr. Marijane Wernsman