Department of English
From here, it's possible
The Department of English of Texas Tech University is committed to innovative teaching, intrepid research, and agile learning. We are pioneers on the frontiers of the humanities, working at the intersections of literature, linguistics, creative writing, composition and rhetoric, and technical communication. We are 50 faculty, 150 graduate students, 400 majors, and 500 minors sharing the opportunities and challenges involved in the interpretation and production of texts and the promotion of literacy.
- TTU's chapter of the Society for Technical Communication wins Community of Distinction Award
- TCR faculty member Dr. Craig Baehr receives STC Distinguished SIG Service Award
- TCR faculty member Dr Rich Rice named Fulbright U.S. Scholar
- Drs. Craig Baehr, Kelli Cargile Cook, Amy Koerber, and Sara Spurgeon promoted to full professor
- TCR PhD student Ben Lauren accepts assistant professorship at Michigan State University
- TCR PhD grad Alec Hosterman accepts assistant professorship at Longwood University
- Join us for the 46th Annual Comparative Literature Symposium at TTU, April 11-12, 2014
- Anatha Latshaw, President of English Undergraduate Honor Society, to present paper at Sigma Tau Delta National Convention
- TCR faculty member Dr Kelli Cargile Cook receives Service Award from the Council of Programs in Scientific & Technical Communication
- 02.20.14 - English Faculty member Dr. Ryan Hackenbracht awarded the 2013 Natalie Zemon Davis Prize
- Texas Manuscript Cultures wins 2nd Runner-Up for 2013 International Digital Humanities Awards!
- MATC student/BATC grad Chinwe Obi featured as TTU Integrated Scholar
- TCR PhD student Whit Whitley to give presentations