Department of English
Through Here, It's Possible
The Department of English of Texas Tech University is committed to innovative teaching, intrepid research, and agile learning. We are pioneers on the frontiers of the humanities, working at the intersections of literature, linguistics, creative writing, composition and rhetoric, and technical communication.
We are 50 faculty, 150 graduate students, 300 majors, and 300 minors sharing the opportunities
and challenges involved in the interpretation and production of texts and the promotion
of literacy. Our students enrich their academic experience majoring in English or
Technical Communication, or adding our degree as a second major or minor. Our students
enrich their lives, add value to their degrees, and work to position themselves better
in competitive job markets.
English Degree Programs
Develop strong critical analysis and problem solving skills while exploring English and worldwide literature.
Technical Communication and Rhetoric Degree Programs
Prepare for a career in technical writing, web development and more in one of the nation's most well respected TCR programs.
- Rebecca Gayle Howell receives Fine Arts Work Center residency
- Christine Kitano, doctoral student in the Creative Writing emphasis, wins Ithaca College Pre-Doctoral Fellowship
- April 7–April 20 (Preregistration): Summer and Fall 2014 course descriptions featured daily on Facebook!
- Join us for the 46th Annual Comparative Literature Symposium at TTU, April 11-12, 2014
- Dr. Sushil Oswal, scholar of disability/accessibility issues in Technical Communication and online environments, visits TTU April 10–12 as part of the Comparative Literature Symposium
- Linguist Marcel den Dikken gives two talks, April 16-17
- Drs. Kanika Batra, Rich Rice, Robert Peaslee, and John Barkdull team up through the Transdisciplinary Research Academy
- Dr. Alison Rukavina wins Marie Tremaine Fellowship from Bibliographical Society of America
- Dr. Ryan Hackenbracht wins Huntington Library Fellowship
- Undergraduate English majors William Baker, Shannon Foster, and Meagan Walsh invited to join Phi Beta Kappa
- TCR faculty member Dr. Kelli Cargile Cook named ATTW Fellow
- TTU's chapter of the Society for Technical Communication wins Community of Distinction Award
- TCR faculty member Dr. Craig Baehr receives STC Distinguished SIG Service Award
- TCR faculty member Dr. Rich Rice named Fulbright U.S. Scholar
Department of English
P.O. Box 43091
Lubbock, TX 79409-3091