Music of Spain at the TTU Center Sevilla
Did you know that many of the greatest and most famous works of music are identified with the area in and around Seville? This is the home of the legendary Spanish lover Don Juan, the sultry cigarette maker Carmen, and the birthplace of flamenco, just to name a few.
Discover the world of Spanish art music from the Middle Ages through the 20th century, including major Spanish composers and traditional folk music, such as flamenco, zarzuela, and dances, as well as the works of non-Spanish composers inspired by Spain. The course will also include excursions to sites related to the course material, both in Seville and in other locations. The course content comes alive when students are “on location” and actually visit the places where great works of music and art took place and/or were produced.
Lonely Planet Names Sevilla 2018 Top Destination
Lonely Planet has released its prestigious list of top travel destinations for 2018 and Sevilla is #1! Watch a video about Sevilla to see what awaits you when you study abroad at the Center in Sevilla.
- MUHL 1308: Music of Spain
- Fulfills TTU Creative Arts Core Curriculum Requirement
- Additional expenses include tuition, fees, travel expenses and more. Be sure to review the total estimated program cost as well as the Process of Paying information.
- Summer I: May 17-June 28, 2018
- Summer II: June 26-August 7, 2018
Program Open To
- All TTU students
Program Fee Includes
- Housing (includes utilities, linens & laundry) & Meals (3 per day, 7 days a week)
- Excursions - transportation, hotels, entrance fees
- Seville orientation upon arrival
Program Fee Does Not Include
- TTU tuition and fees (3 credit hours)
- Airfare to/from Spain
- Meals on excursions
- Education Abroad fee ($200)
- Personal spending money
For more information:
Contact:Dr. Eric Fried
To continue working on your application click the button below and log in with your eRaider credentials.Continue Your Application (TTU students)