Be a Peer Mentor
FGTMP Peer Mentor Application | Currently Closed
FGTMP includes a First-Generation Peer Mentorship Program that provides peer mentorship to undergraduate students. The Peer Mentor position is a paid position that is filled by currently enrolled TTU Undergraduate or Graduate Students.
The application is currently closed, but will re-open March 2021 for Fall 2021 Peer Mentors
First-Gen Peer Mentors:
- Are sophomore, junior, senior or graduate level students
- Serve on a semester by semester basis
- Are assigned a caseload of first-generation students
- Meet with their assigned students in one-on-one meetings to build a connection, share updates and announcements and attend university programming together
- Participate in division and program training, activities, and events
- Applicant must be a First Generation Student
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student (open to all students & majors)
- Currently Enrolled
- Minimum TTU GPA of 2.75 required
- Actively Participated in FGTMP during a previous semester
- $8.00 hourly
- 10 hours maximum per week
Mandatory Fall and Spring Peer Mentor Training
All Peer Mentors are required to attend mandatory fall and spring Peer Mentor Training. This typically happens the week before the first week of class.
Peer Mentor Training provides a space for the FGTMP Leadership Team to share updates on department/university goals, roles & responsibilities as well as an opportunity for the peer mentors to connect as a team.
FGTMP recruits for new Peer Mentors each fall and spring semester. Applicants will be considered if they have submitted all application materials by the deadline. Applicants that are being considered will receive an email invitation to move forward to an in-person interview.
To Apply: Closed
Application Deadline: TBD
For more information contact:
Shruti Nelson, Assistant Director for First-Generation Transition & Mentoring Programs