Be a Peer Mentor
FGTMP Peer Mentor Application | Closed
FGTMP includes a First Generation Peer Mentorship Program that provides peer mentorship to undergraduate students. The Peer Mentor position is a paid position that is filled by currently enrolled TTU Undergraduate or Graduate Students.
First Gen Peer Mentor:
- Are sophomore, junior, senior or graduate level students
- Serve on a semester by semester basis
- Are assigned a caseload of first-generation students
- Meet with their assigned students in one-on-one meetings or in groups to build a connection, share updates and announcements and attend university programming together
- Participate in division and program training, activities, and events
- Applicant must be a First Generation Student
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student (open to all students & majors)
- Currently Enrolled
- Minimum TTU GPA of 2.75 required
- Actively Participated in FGTMP during a previous semester
- $8.00 hourly
- 10 hours maximum per week
Mandatory Fall and Spring Peer Mentor Training
All Peer Mentors are required to attend mandatory fall and spring Peer Mentor Training. This typically happens the week before the first week of class.
Peer Mentor Training provides a space for the FGTMP Leadership Team to share updates on department/university goals, roles & responsibilities as well as an opportunity for the peer mentors to connect as a team.
FGTMP recruits for new Peer Mentors each fall and spring semester. Applicants will be considered if they have submitted all application materials by the deadline. Applicants that are being considered will receive an email invitation to move forward to an in-person interview.
To Apply: Closed
Application Deadline: TBD
For more information contact:
Brandon Cruz, Director for Transition & Mentoring Programs