Welcome to MVP forms!
Military & Veterans Programs has transitioned to a paperless office environment. All required documents for certification must be submitted to MVP as an attachment to your online electronic form.
How to Start:
- Complete registration with no expected changes prior to submitting an MVP Form for
- The Hazlewood initial application or continuing application is due immediately following registration. Applications will not be accepted after the last day of class for the semester for which you are applying. Note: Last class day (NOT the last day of finals).
- Sign onto MVP Forms with your ERaider ID and Password.
- Click one form per term for completion.
- Only the terms listed in each dropdown are available for certification.
- Specific Instructions are available within each form.
- Click on links within each form for Federal Checklists and the Hazlewood Checklist and Overview.
- Remember to upload requested supporting documents prior to form submission. Note: In MVP Forms, push SAVE before SUBMIT to view uploaded documents
- Click on Hazlewood Act PDF Forms & Checklists to access forms not yet available on MVP Forms for Hazlewood
such as the Military Payment Plan Enrollment Request Form.
- All MVP Students may fill out a Military Payment Plan Enrollment Request form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit it directly to SBS in 301 West Hall. This form will delay payment for tuition and fees only until the first payment plan deadline. Note: if you have Housing, meal plan or other charges, this form doesn't cover those so you must go ahead and make payment arrangements with SBS for those items immediately.
For assistance with the MVP Forms Program, email email@example.com. Include your R#, browser type and brief description of any errors you are receiving.
Chrome or Firefox is the recommended browser.
Note: Due to the volume of applications, please allow 30 business days processing time.
PDF Forms & Checklists:
- Military Payment Plan Enrollment Request
- Overview of TTU Hazlewood Exemption Application Procedure
- TTU MVP Policy Regarding Legacy Students starting Fall 2014 Clarified
- Hazlewood Application Deadline
- Phone List and Information Sheet
Hazlewood Program Purpose
The purpose of the Hazlewood Exemption (Hazlewood Act) is to provide an education benefit to honorably discharged or separated Texas veterans and to eligible dependent children and spouses of Texas veterans. Hazlewood Administrative Code
Three ways to use the Hazlewood Exemption
A person who at the time of entry into the U.S. Armed Forces was a Texas resident, OR designated Texas as Home of Record, OR place of entry shows Texas and served at least 181 days of active military duty (excluding all training) with honorable or under honorable conditions discharge, AND the person must not have federal veterans education benefits dedicated to the payment of tuition and fees only (such as Chapter 33 or 31); for term or semester enrolled that do not exceed the value of Hazlewood benefits.Learn More>>
Veteran who meet the Hazlewood requirements and currently physically resides in Texas may transfer unused hours to a dependent child who meets requirements.Learn More>>
Children/Spouses - Veteran
Spouses and dependent children of eligible Active Duty, Reserve, and Texas National Guard who died in the line of duty or as a result of injury or illness directly related to military service, are missing in action, or who became totally disabled for purposes of employability as a result of a service-related injury or illness are entitled to each receive a 150 credit hour exemption. The DD214 shows place of entry is Texas or Home of Record is Texas or proof veteran was a Texas resident at the time of entry or DD1300 with all required information.Learn More>>
Eligible veterans, their children and spouses may receive an exemption from the payment of all tuition, dues, fees, and other required charges, including fees for one undergraduate degree, a graduate degree or law degree up to 150 credit hours maximum. All courses you register for must be on your degree plan or fulfill degree requirements. Awards may not be used to pay tuition and relevant fees for continuing education classes unless one of the following applies:
- The college receives state tax support for the classes, or
- The governing board has specifically approved this benefit.
Distance Education students who are classified as non-resident are ineligible for Hazlewood as courses are considered self-supporting.
Excludes: deposit fees, student service fees, study abroad fees, charges for books, application fee, orientation fee, IS 1100, PADR fees, Murdough Engineering fee, all enhanced and program fees, travel, lodging, board, or clothing and all other self-supporting fees for self-supporting courses or degree programs.
MBA for Working Professional Program Note: has self-supporting fees that will not be covered by Hazlewood. IF eligible for Hazlewood at full benefit, expect only 30 to 40 % to be covered by Hazlewood.
Financial Aid Note: The Hazlewood benefit will impact your financial aid award as Hazlewood is noted as a resource of funds. For information or questions regarding this information, contact your Financial Aid representative West Hall Room 301, 806 742 3681.
Satisfactory Academic Progress: Veterans, Legacy, Spouses and dependents of a Texas Veteran who is rated by VA as totally and permanently disabled for purposes of employability must meet the SAP excessive hours and GPA. Excluded from SAP GPA are Spouses and Dependents of Veteran's service connected death, KIA and MIA.
Application Process, Billing & Deadline
There are four semesters within an academic year in which a student can apply for the exemption. The semesters are Fall, Spring, First Summer, and Second Summer. Immediately following registration each semester, a student must submit the appropriate completed Hazlewood application and supporting documents to MVP through the MVP Forms portal no later than the 12th class day (Fall and Spring) 4th class day (Summer 1 and Summer 2). Incomplete application are not reviewed or approved. Due to the volume of applications, allow 30 business days processing period.
Billing: If the application is approved, the exemption is posted to the student's account summary on Raiderlink (no later than 3 business days before tuition payments are due ONLY IF you submit the application and all required documents within the appropriate 30 Business Day processing time frame). Although applications will be accepted until the last class day of the current semester, MVP strongly encourages students to submit all required certification documents immediately following registration.
Be sure you are submitting an official complete DD214.Permissible copies of DD214 are Member 4, Service 2, Veterans Administration 3, Dept. of Labor 5, State Dir. Of VA – 6, Service 7, and Service 8. If using prior service active duty time, the prior service DD214 with discharge is also required. A member 1 and 4 together on one page is not acceptable. See the TVC advisory.