The Department of Economics is excited to announce a partnership with the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) - the Dallas Regional Office. This partnership establishes a Campus Ambassadors Program with our Department and aims at:
- Fostering a relationship between the BLS and Texas Tech University;
- Raising student awareness of BLS programs and data;
- Providing presentations and resources on how the BLS measures important indicators in the US economy, such as unemployment and inflation;
- Assisting with navigation of the BLS website;
- Providing additional contacts to the Department and Texas Tech on nationwide job opportunities for students; and
- Providing tips on how to apply for federal government jobs via www.usajobs.gov.
This partnership will also result in a series of seminars and presentations conducted on campus (or virtually) by professional staff members of the BLS. Dates of these presentations will be announced at a later stage. Please monitor “Announcements” on the Department's website—main page.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics is the official governmental entity that measures labor market activity, working conditions, price changes, and productivity in the U.S. economy to support public and private decision making. For more on the BLS, click here.
Department of Economics
AddressTexas Tech University, Department Of Economics, P.O. Box 41014, Lubbock, TX 79409